Author Topic: SteelSeries 2.5.7  (Read 4842 times)

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
SteelSeries 2.5.7
« on: March 26, 2015, 06:42:15 AM »
Mark:

Thanks for the new version 2.5.7. I got it loaded just in time to see what happened at midnight. The Dew Gauge went through the midnight rollover without a hitch. There was no change in the Windchill autoscale range between midnight and the first data upload of the new day. Thanks for fixing that. And thanks for updating the version history on the Cumulus Wiki.

However, I did notice the same errant autoscale behaviour on the main Temperature Gauge. I have not seen that before tonight. It did clear itself and go back to normal within 30 seconds.

See attached screenshot. Sorry, I was not quick enough to grab a copy of the realtimegaugesWC.txt file before it corrected itself. I assume this is the same error trapping that affected the Dew Gauge.
Blick

mcrossley

• Gale
  • Sorry, I'm not a WeatherCat user!
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 + home brew
Re: SteelSeries 2.5.7
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 08:34:29 AM »
Budder! Yep same issue. [banghead]
Mark

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 06:06:11 AM »
Mark:

I downloaded and installed SteelSeries version 2.5.8 and watched it rollover at midnight. Both of the temperature gauges displayed a wonky auto scale for 30 seconds and then both corrected at the next upload. See attached.

I was not quick enough to capture the realtimegaugesWC.txt file before it corrected itself.
Blick

mcrossley

• Gale
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 05:53:22 PM »
Hmm, I'll have a look again, but you may have to wait for WC 2.2
Mark

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 06:04:47 PM »
Mark:

That's fine. At least it fixes itself after just 30 seconds. Before your code change it would stay like that for several minutes or until I did a page refresh. I'm not sure how I elected myself to the be the midnight rollover poster child but I am getting pretty good at it.

As always, thank you for your quick responses. I really like the SteelSeries Gauges. Thanks again for sharing them with the WeatherCat family. If you haven't looked at the wiki recently, you might take a peek. Near the bottom of the entry is a special thank you for your work.

http://wiki.trixology.com/index.php/Steel_Series_Gauges
Blick

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 06:10:50 PM »
Reinhard:

I just took another look at your SteelSeries Gauges. I like what you've done there and see that you are also running 2.5.8.

I spent a little time trying to figure out how to add a clock but I'm not smart enough. Yet.

Cheers.
Blick

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2015, 08:00:23 PM »
You mean the clock-gauge?

but I'm not smart enough.

Me, too. I read through some things but I gave up. If you ever figure out this one let me/us know in easy and understandable words.  :)

Cheers,
Reinhard
Reinhard

mcrossley

• Gale
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2015, 08:02:23 PM »
As always, thank you for your quick responses. I really like the SteelSeries Gauges. Thanks again for sharing them with the WeatherCat family. If you haven't looked at the wiki recently, you might take a peek. Near the bottom of the entry is a special thank you for your work.

http://wiki.trixology.com/index.php/Steel_Series_Gauges
[cheer] [blush]
Mark

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2015, 07:10:38 PM »
Blick,

can you add/change the following in the Wiki *WeatherCat Webtags with Cumulus Equivalents* (I have no account on the Wiki - maybe I will take one some day):

New: UVTH | <#UVTH> | STAT$:UV:MAX:TODAY$ | Value of todays highest UV reading
New: SolarTM | <#solarTH> | STAT$SOLAR:MAX:TODAY$ | Value of todays highest Solar reading
Change: CurrentSolarMax | <#CurrentSolarMax> | CPS$ | Current theoretical maximum solar radiation

New: cloudbasevalue | <#cloudbasevalue> | STAT$CLOUDBASE:CURRENT$ | Value of calculated current cloudbase
New: cloudbaseunit | <#cloudbaseunit> | HEIGHTUNITS$ | Height units being used

If I find more things I let you know.

Thanks,
Reinhard
Reinhard

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2015, 08:21:34 PM »
Mark:

If you ever want to add internal Temp highs & lows and corresponding time into the mouse-over-graph for Internal Temperature, here you are:

Internal Temp max: STAT$INTTEMPERATURE:MAX:TODAY$
Internal Temp max time this happened: STAT$INTTEMPERATURE:MAX:TODAY:TIME$

Internal Temp min: STAT$INTTEMPERATURE:MIN:TODAY$
Internal Temp min time this happened: STAT$INTTEMPERATURE:MIN:TODAY:TIME$

Cheers,
Reinhard
Reinhard

mcrossley

• Gale
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2015, 09:58:16 PM »
Thanks I'll add it to the to-do list :)
Mark

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2015, 05:48:09 AM »
can you add/change the following in the Wiki *WeatherCat Webtags with Cumulus Equivalents* (I have no account on the Wiki - maybe I will take one some day):

Reinhard:

Good suggestions and I have updated the Wiki.
Blick