Author Topic: Trade-off for Davis USB versus IP data loggers?  (Read 23561 times)

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
AirBridge is interesting. (Was: USB versus IP data loggers?)
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2015, 11:18:17 PM »
Dear LesCimes and WeatherCat gadget lovers,

It is a bit after the fact but the following is relevant to this discussion thread. I just helped a fellow Vantage Pro 2 user set up his connection from the Vantage Pro 2 to the Internet using the Ambient Weather "AirBridge." The device receives from the Vantage Pro sensor suite directly and then transmits the data via the homeowners wifi directly to whatever weather reporting site one uses, including WeatherUnderground.

. . .

http://www.ambientweather.com/airbridge.html

Hmm, definitely an interesting device.  Of course, if this fellow was using a dedicated Mac and WeatherCat, lock-ups would have not been a problem!  ;)

Still, it definitely might have interesting applications.  For example for getting weather data from a remote cabin that experiences severe weather.

Thanks for bring this to our attention!  [tup]

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Cyberhusky

• Calm
    • EW1663
    • IRAMBROU2
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2, WeatherCat on Mac mini
Re: Trade-off for Davis USB versus IP data loggers?
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2015, 01:05:31 PM »
According to this PDF doc, the new firmware 3.x isn't compatible with the old data loggers.

http://meteo.annoyingdesigns.com/DavisSPI.pdf

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: Trade-off for Davis USB versus IP data loggers?
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2015, 09:28:58 PM »
According to this PDF doc, the new firmware 3.x isn't compatible with the old data loggers.

This is an interesting read. Thanks for posting. I don't have anything to add, except to confirm that my Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus console always reads 3? F too high for internal temperature. I have "calibrated" it by entering a 3? offset in the console so I can get an accurate result.
Blick