Author Topic: ***FTP ERROR 1000*** Files are being generated faster than they can be uploaded  (Read 3017 times)

schwab

• Gentle Breeze
I continue to get this error emailed to me from my WeatherCat V2.44, Build 2 regarding my site:  www.schwab1.com

***FTP ERROR 1000*** Files are being generated faster than they can be uploaded - this may be a temporary problem. If the problem doesn't cure itself, slow down the web page update rate.

After receiving these emails I ...

1.  decreased my WeatherCat's Wunderground update rate to every 2 minutes and
2.  turned OFF Rapid Fire Mode
3.  I also decreased my Custom Web Page Uploads to Every 60 seconds from every 15 seconds

I still am receiving this error/emails.

My files are being uploaded to a shared cPanel server at GoDaddy.com

Earlier this week GoDaddy.com automatically and without notice temporarily quarantined my MacBookPro's IP address from FTP uploading.

I am not currently quaratined but fear it may happen again as it's an automatic response GoDaddy implements.

Ths is NOT a new forum topic but any suggestions/shared experiences are welcome and appreciated as I am a long time user that actually has 2 other sites running WeatherCat.  www.leisure-gardens.com  www.ischwabs.com

Thanks for your time and consideration.

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Contact GoDaddy (Re: ***FTP ERROR 1000***)
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 11:15:54 PM »
Dear schwab and WeatherCat troubleshooters,

I continue to get this error emailed to me from my WeatherCat V2.44, Build 2 regarding my site:  www.schwab1.com

***FTP ERROR 1000*** Files are being generated faster than they can be uploaded - this may be a temporary problem. If the problem doesn't cure itself, slow down the web page update rate.

Get in touch with GoDaddy technical support and ask them why your account is having this problem.  One possibility is that someone was engaged in an denial of service attack on your website.  Another possibility is that the FTP server was out of whack on your service.  Unless you have seen this problem all along, the problem has to be on the GoDaddy end of things.

I have seen this happen to me from time to time, but it is always temporary.  It looks like you'll need to check into this because it doesn't go away.

Best of luck getting this revolved and do let us know what you learn.  We might all benefit from your experiences!

Cheers, Edouard

schwab

• Gentle Breeze
I contacted GoDaddy.com regarding the FTP Error 1000 which was last emailed to me again this morning.

After a traceroute and analysis I had my IP address entered into GoDaddy such that it will be specifically permitted/allowed to FTP files as a potential fix.

There were NO denial of service attacks recognized, There were NO GoDaddy FTP server issues identified. I suggested moving my website to another GoDaddy server but that was not an option.

The issue may be that somewhere between my computer and the GoDaddy server my website resides on there is a handshaking problem such that FTP files are being resent repeatedly but that's speculation...we'll see what happens with this IP allowance maneuver.

A traceroute at the time the FTP Error 1000 Message is being generated will be helpful but who can predict that?

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
I hope this will solve the problem . . . (Re: ***FTP ERROR 1000*** )
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 12:05:18 AM »

I contacted GoDaddy.com regarding the FTP Error 1000 which was last emailed to me again this morning.

After a traceroute and analysis I had my IP address entered into GoDaddy such that it will be specifically permitted/allowed to FTP files as a potential fix.

It is possible that GoDaddy is becoming more cautious with FTP activity and your rate of sending files simply exceeded their new criteria.  My weather website is also hosted by GoDaddy and I haven't had any problems, but I'm deliberately not updating my website particularly frequently.

There were NO denial of service attacks recognized, There were NO GoDaddy FTP server issues identified.

Okay that's good news.

I suggested moving my website to another GoDaddy server but that was not an option.

I believe these aren't physical servers but virtual servers much like a Mac can run Windows using Parallels or VMware.  Most of these web environment have a very modest load on a computer.  So that in fact on a single physical server there are at least 100s if not more virtual servers running in parallel.  I assume that is why they cannot move your website.  It isn't on a physical server to start with.

The issue may be that somewhere between my computer and the GoDaddy server my website resides on there is a handshaking problem such that FTP files are being resent repeatedly but that's speculation...we'll see what happens with this IP allowance maneuver.

A traceroute at the time the FTP Error 1000 Message is being generated will be helpful but who can predict that?

Sounds like you'll have to monitor the situation for now and hope the problem simply doesn't happen again.

Let us know if the errors return.

Cheers, Edouard

schwab

• Gentle Breeze
Unfortunately I received another FTP Error 1000 this morning around 12 midnight despite GoDaddy's attempt to fix things...nevertheless my site is functioning well currently with no action needed to correct things.

"***FTP ERROR 1000*** Files are being generated faster than they can be uploaded - this may be a temporary problem. If the problem doesn't cure itself, slow down the web page update rate.

WeatherCat TimeStamp: 01:53:07 01-Dec-17"

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
May see sporadic errors (Re: ***FTP ERROR 1000*** )
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 11:12:56 PM »

Unfortunately I received another FTP Error 1000 this morning around 12 midnight despite GoDaddy's attempt to fix things...nevertheless my site is functioning well currently with no action needed to correct things.

"***FTP ERROR 1000*** Files are being generated faster than they can be uploaded - this may be a temporary problem. If the problem doesn't cure itself, slow down the web page update rate.

WeatherCat TimeStamp: 01:53:07 01-Dec-17"

If you saw this error just once and your website appears to be in good order, it could be just a sporadic error caused perhaps by GoDaddy doing some maintenance.  Continue to monitor the situation, but this is a hopeful sign.

Cheers, Edouard 

schwab

• Gentle Breeze
I continue to receive this emailed error once daily.

My website has not been affected as far as I can tell.

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
At what time are the errors occurring? (Re: ***FTP ERROR 1000***)
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2017, 11:35:22 PM »

I continue to receive this emailed error once daily.

My website has not been affected as far as I can tell.

What is the time stamp of the errors?  If these are errors occurring early in the morning, odds are this is due to some sort of GoDaddy system maintenance.  In that case so long as your website doesn't appear to be affected I would ignore them at least for a while.

Cheers, Edouard

schwab

• Gentle Breeze
See the attached jpeg please...there's no pattern I can recognize.

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
Don't see your OS details in your profile data. Just wondering if you are using macOS 10.13? If you are, have you checked Console for any "Month 13 out of bounds" messages? Those messages are from a bug in the OS and have caused massive CPU/ram usage. If you have this problem it could be slowing WC down, also, and causing FTP timeouts.
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
Don't understand it either. (Re: ***FTP ERROR 1000*** )
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2017, 12:23:05 AM »
Dear schwab, X-Air and WeatherCat troubleshooters,

See the attached jpeg please...there's no pattern I can recognize.

I don't spot anything obvious either.

Don't see your OS details in your profile data. Just wondering if you are using macOS 10.13? If you are, have you checked Console for any "Month 13 out of bounds" messages? Those messages are from a bug in the OS and have caused massive CPU/ram usage. If you have this problem it could be slowing WC down, also, and causing FTP timeouts.

I'm not sure this would be the mechanism, but indeed it appears your problems started at about the time High Sierra became available.  Did you upgrade?

Edouard

schwab

• Gentle Breeze
I am receiving those "Month 13 is out of bounds" errors in the console.

See attached screen shot...

Is there a fix/solution?

Thanks.

jennajon

• Gentle Breeze
    • FW2882
    • KMEGLENB7
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus With FARS, Solar and UV sensors, MAC 27 in. Retina, WeatherCat vers. 3.05 build 27
Ditto on the month 13 out of bounds console error messages, but no odd behavior seen.

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Month 13 errors are due to a bug in High Sierra. Apple are aware.
Blick

jennajon

• Gentle Breeze
    • FW2882
    • KMEGLENB7
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus With FARS, Solar and UV sensors, MAC 27 in. Retina, WeatherCat vers. 3.05 build 27
i have never been so sorry to install an OS upgrade in my life...
Not Steve's APPLE anymore.

--jenna