Author Topic: A teardrop trailer with a slide-out section from "down under!"  (Read 2595 times)

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Dear WeatherCat fans of caravans,

Since this topic does occur from time to time on this forum, I thought I would share my latest discovery in the world of teardrop trailers: Gidget Retro Teardrop trailers:

https://www.gidgetusa.com/

I discovered this because someone had a Noosa model for saie on eBay. 

https://www.gidgetusa.com/the-noosa-1

Believe it or not these trailers have a slide-out section that turns the cabin into something big enough for a queen-sized bed!  Here is the photo from the eBay model to give you some idea:

So if you were tempted by Steve's recent purchase, but were looking for something a bit more stylish (or simply coming from Australia) . . . . Well, what are you waiting for?!?   [biggrin]

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

P.S. If this one still looks a little too expensive for your budget, remember you can always create a bookmark for free!  :)

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
Re: A teardrop trailer with a slide-out section from "down under!"
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 03:50:49 PM »
I've seen that one. There are actually several manufacturers that make teardrops with slides. One triples in width, some have the top slide up for standing room, some tip up with canvas fillers for additional volume. Lots of creative folks out there!
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Oh yeah! Prove it! (Re: A teardrop trailer with a slide-out section)
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 11:17:22 PM »
Dear Steve and WeatherCat caravan fans,

I've seen that one. There are actually several manufacturers that make teardrops with slides. One triples in width, some have the top slide up for standing room, some tip up with canvas fillers for additional volume. Lots of creative folks out there!

[wink] . . . . . Oh yeah!  I don't believe you!  Prove it! . . . . .  [biggrin]

Seriously, if you could relocate some of those trailers I would love to see a URL.  I've seen pop-tops and I've also seen designs which have a matching tent that connects to the trailer to provide a space to dress discreetly.  I would like to see the one that triples in width!

Thanks for educating us in things teardrop!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]