Author Topic: iPad version 1.1 update  (Read 6611 times)

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
  • Developer of WeatherCat for iOS, tvOS, and watchOS
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2, aspirated, solar radiation, uv, soil temp and moisture
iPad version 1.1 update
« on: October 01, 2014, 11:15:44 PM »
WeatherCat for the iPad (WeatherCatPad) version 1.1 update is available for download from the Apple App Store.
This update is free for purchasers of WeatherCat for the iPad.

The update includes the following:

The round wind direction indicator has a new look and adds cardinal direction and wind speed to give you more information.
The round indicators now include a minimum-maximum range (per Forum suggestion from ELO and seconded by Blicj11.)
The text on all indicators is optimized for improved readability on a variety of backgrounds.
An immediate data update is now available by tapping on ?WeatherCat for iPad? at the top of the display.
The indicators are outlined when editing to show their actual extent to make it easier to position them.
The solar radiation and UV index bar indicators now include a maximum value marker.
A user-selectable ?Drift? feature animates the indicators in the display.
The app is localized for Italian (Thank you Federico) in addition to French and German.
There are fixes for minor bugs and some minor localization additions for French and German.
And it was tested with WeatherCat 2.0 Beta and iOS 8.

Many thanks to the Beta Test group for their excellent suggestions and to the translators for their translations.

Beta Group:

elagache
Blicj11
Doc
toadstone

Translators:

wurzelmac (German)
meteoperugia (Italian)
Barzi (French)

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: iPad version 1.1 update
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 11:25:06 PM »
This version is really nice improvement of the iPad app. If you own it, you'll like the update. If you don't own it, it's only US$1.99 and is so simple to set up and use your Grandma could do it. Nice work Mr. Poobah!
Blick

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Yes indeed! (Re: iPad version 1.1 update)
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 09:13:16 PM »
Dear Grand, Blick and WeatherCat iPad fans,

This version is really nice improvement of the iPad app

Yes indeed, I second the motion!!  [tup]

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Bull Winkus

• Storm
    • EW0095
    • KARHORSE2
    • WU for Horseshoe Bend, Arkansas
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless Vantage Pro 2, iMac 24"
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 02:28:10 AM »
I jumped on my iPad to get the update, and low and behold, it was already there thanks to the magic of automation.

Nice update, guys! THANKS!
Herb

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Have some fun with the customization. (Re: iPad version 1.1 update)
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 09:40:05 PM »
Howdy Herb, Blick, Grand, and WeatherCatPad fans,

Believe it or not, I hadn't installed the final version because I needed to go back and figure out how to delete the Beta profile stuff first.  However, I just did that and got myself up to speed.  Grand has put some nice screenshots of how you can customize WeatherCatPad on the iTunes app store, but perhaps we should put some of these up on the forum so that other folks who don't realize what you can do with WeatherCatPad, realize the fun you can have.  Here is what I submitted to Grand:

Because you can move all the data displays, you can give yourself a very dramatic background and still be able to read all the data easily.  WeatherCadPad doesn't have all the flashy data of the Weather Underground iPad app, but for getting the current conditions, it is so much more appealing and personal!  [bounce]

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Felix

• Gale
  • Station Details: Davis VP-2 Plus, FARS, WeatherLink IP. Sharx cams.
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 03:56:30 PM »
I must be missing something here! The WeatherCatPad (WeatherCat for iPad) which I downloaded from the Apple App Store yesterday isn't the mixed round dial and slider gauge version you see on the App Store picture. In fact, what I downloaded looks about the same as WeatherCat 1.3 (140919) which I already had on my iPad (migrated over from my iPhone I do believe).

So, how does one get the sexy version shown on the App Store picture that I paid two bucks for? No updates appear to be available...the App Store indicates my WeatherCatPad 1.1 (140919) *is* the latest as evidenced by the "Open" button versus an Update or a Purchase Price button.

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2014, 04:30:52 PM »
I must be missing something here! The WeatherCatPad (WeatherCat for iPad) which I downloaded from the Apple App Store yesterday isn't the mixed round dial and slider gauge version you see on the App Store picture. In fact, what I downloaded looks about the same as WeatherCat 1.3 (140919) which I already had on my iPad (migrated over from my iPhone I do believe).
Don't know exactly what's happening to you, but the WeatherCat app is version 1.3 while the WeatherCatPad app is version 1.1. The first one is for iPhone and the second one is for iPad.

Here is my setup.
Blick

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2014, 04:47:19 PM »
This is what it looks like in landscape.
Blick

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
  • Developer of WeatherCat for iOS, tvOS, and watchOS
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2, aspirated, solar radiation, uv, soil temp and moisture
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2014, 08:43:51 PM »

So, how does one get the sexy version shown on the App Store picture that I paid two bucks for? No updates appear to be available...the App Store indicates my WeatherCatPad 1.1 (140919) *is* the latest as evidenced by the "Open" button versus an Update or a Purchase Price button.

WeatherCat for the iPhone 1.3 will install on your iPad and iPhone. When you open it on your iPad, it will look exactly like it does on the iPhone, only bigger.

WeatherCat for the iPad 1.1 (WeatherCatPad) is a completely separate app and will only run on the iPad. That's the one with the various gauges. Open WeatherCatPad and, after it makes its initial connection, tap on Edit. Then tap on an indicator. The Options popup will appear and you can select Round for the indicator. Tap outside the Options popup to make it go away. Drag indicators around the screen to position them. Hide unwanted indicators. Try various options, experiment, let your creative juices flow.

Felix

• Gale
  • Station Details: Davis VP-2 Plus, FARS, WeatherLink IP. Sharx cams.
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2014, 03:43:39 PM »
That did the trick! Thanks a bunch, Grand Poohbah.

N8NOE

• Strong Breeze
    • N8NOE-WX
    • KMIWATER7
    • N8NOE's Home Page (WX Link of Front )
  • Station Details: OSX Mountain Lion Server, WMR968
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2014, 09:59:43 AM »
Getting the iPad Version Now......
 [rockon]