Author Topic: Hello from Marshall, VA  (Read 3288 times)

rumbel

• Calm
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2
Hello from Marshall, VA
« on: January 18, 2019, 02:31:40 AM »
New member here. Long time weather geek. Retired airline guy.
Just setting up a Vantage Pro 2. WeatherCat on an iMac.
I do have a question. Does my license allow me to set up WeatherCat on my home iMac and my MacBook Pro? My wife and I travel a lot and I would like to keep track of thing while we are on the road.

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
Re: Hello from Marshall, VA
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 04:31:13 AM »
Welcome, rumbel! There are no landing fees here and the coffee is always fresh! And as we always said the the Feds, "Glad to have you aboard!" But we really mean it, now! cmu:-)

Don't think you'll have any license problems running WC on both your iMac and the MBP, however the WC is designed to run 24/7 on a single computer. It gathers data just about continuously and builds an ever growing database. Normally changing the machine is done only when one stops working. However, there are some real experts here and if anyone is running WC on more than one machine at a time, they can give you the "clearance" you'll need! ;D

Many of us just use the capabilities of WC to create a web site. You can then stay up-to-date with what's happening back at your Wx station anywhere you have web access and a web capable device. Some of us create our own web sites but many others use one of the several "templates" that work with WC. That's just another whole aspect of Wx geeking!
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 03:50:33 PM »
Welcome the the forum rumbel. Glad to have you.

Another great option is the iOSRCP app that will allow you to view your WeatherCat data from anywhere you can get a phone signal. You can check it out in the App Store from your phone and there is a special section of this forum for Support.

https://athena.trixology.com/index.php?board=10.0

Blick

rumbel

• Calm
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 07:28:41 PM »
Great answers. Many thanks. 44 years of pushing tin was enough for me. Glad all of my landings equal my take-offs!

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 08:42:04 PM »
my landings equal my take-offs!
Perfect math! ThU5:-) Way ahead of my air time, I barely managed 36 years!
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Welcome! (Re: Hello from Marshall, VA)
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2019, 11:02:18 PM »
Dear rumbel, X-Air, Blick, and WeatherCat welcome wagon . . . .

By all means, welcome to the WeatherCat forum! . . .

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]