Author Topic: 'da Cat moved to a new cattery  (Read 2425 times)

jace

• Storm
    • DW9675
    • ISuffolk62
    • Yoxford weather site.
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2, with Mac USB Data Logger. 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook, with 8 GB 1033 MHz DDR3 Memory, running Mac OSX Version 10.10.1 (Yosimite).
'da Cat moved to a new cattery
« on: January 25, 2013, 03:07:15 PM »
Well, I had bought a 2nd hand Mac Mini before Christmas with the intention of moving Weathercat et al across sometime. Finally bit the bullet today, and the deed is done. As usual nothing ever goes exactly to plan, I seem to have lost my custom graphs for my web site, but that seems to be the only data I lost when transferring across. (I hope). [computer]

Now I'll find out if the move to a different computer will solve the mysterious problem where Weathercat had a total sensor failure every day at 09:15  [interesting] if not, it's the data logger  [banghead].

JC

edit: Just noticed that my banner has lost all it's text, so that's graph's and banner settings.
Edit: Also lost the recorded daily rain edits.

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
Re: 'da Cat moved to a new cattery
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 03:43:15 PM »
Always a thrilling moment, when moving from one machine to another! Glad you done it so far!
Cheers,
Reinhard
Reinhard

jace

• Storm
    • DW9675
    • ISuffolk62
    • Yoxford weather site.
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2, with Mac USB Data Logger. 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook, with 8 GB 1033 MHz DDR3 Memory, running Mac OSX Version 10.10.1 (Yosimite).
Re: 'da Cat moved to a new cattery
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 05:12:03 PM »
Cheers Reinhard.

I have lost a few minor things but it seems to be working ok so far. ;D

I'll give it a few days then I can clean up my MacBook  [woohoo]

JC

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Meowing pains? (Re: 'da Cat moved to a new cattery)
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 10:50:37 PM »
Howdy JC and WeatherCat fans,  [cat]

Well, I had bought a 2nd hand Mac Mini before Christmas with the intention of moving Weathercat et al across sometime. Finally bit the bullet today, and the deed is done.

Well, as they say: no pain - no gain.

I seem to have lost my custom graphs for my web site, but that seems to be the only data I lost when transferring across. (I hope). [computer]

Those should be generated as WeatherCat gets going.  You didn't change any paths for your web templates did you?

edit: Just noticed that my banner has lost all it's text, so that's graph's and banner settings.
Edit: Also lost the recorded daily rain edits.

Hmm, bummer dude.  I sure don't remember any special place for the banner preferences.  The edits of your rain totals should have moved over.

Oh well, looks like some questions for Stu.

Hope the worst has passed.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]