WeatherCat > WeatherCat General Discussion

New WC installation stuck on ?waiting for wC to become ready?

(1/6) > >>

cabut:
Hi,

New installation of WC. Stuck on ?waiting for weather data to become ready.?
Where should I look to fix the problem?

Thanks,
Cabut

elagache:
Dear Cabut and WeatherCat troubleshooters,

--- Quote from: cabut on August 23, 2018, 07:23:16 PM ---New installation of WC. Stuck on ?waiting for weather data to become ready.?
Where should I look to fix the problem?
--- End quote ---

I'm assuming this is with your new Davis Vantage Pro-2 station - correct?  If I recall correctly, you bought the Davis software to get a data logger.  You can use that software to help isolate the problem.  See if WeatherLink can successfully connect to your station.  If it can't then the problem is with your data logger.  If not, it could be something else like having an outdated driver for WeatherCat to use.  We have a list of troubleshooting tips including where to get the latest drivers for your Mac on this WeatherCat Wiki page:

http://wiki.trixology.com/index.php?title=Davis

Let us know what you discover.

Cheers, Edouard

cabut:
Hi Edouard,

Thanks for your reply.
WeatherLink connects with my station console.
In preparation for the WeatherLink 6.0 installation I downloaded the drivers (SiLabsUSBDriverDisk.dmg)  recommended on this site.
The drivers would not let me connect to the console so I downloaded the drivers from the
Weatherlink6.0 CD which are called SLAB_USBtoUART.
Both were installed, perhaps there is a conflict.

Do you happen to know where these drivers can be found on the Mac?

Cabut

xairbusdriver:
Easiest way to locate 'unusual' items like drivers:
1. Hold the option key down and click the black Apple icon 9extreme left-hand end of the Menu bar
2. Select the "System Information..." item.
3. Close the "Hardware" and the "Network" items in the window that opens
4. Select the "Extensions" item in the "Software" list
5. When the list appears in the larger, right-hand section of the window, scroll to the items that start with "SiLabs..." (you may have more than one)You can now see the one that is loaded (there will be "Yes" in the cleverly named "Loaded" column). 5.0.4 is the latest, I think.
In the bottom part of the window is more info on that items than you ever want to know! However, the exact location of the item is beside another clever label called "Location:" (those Apple guys are genius', right! ;P!). The location should start with "/Library/Extensions/..." That is the main Library, not your home Library nor the System Library. ;)

cabut:
Hi Xair,

Fabulous directions, thank you!

I found three from SiLabs, how do I know which one to keep?
See pic.

Cabut

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version