Author Topic: More changes at WU  (Read 5622 times)

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
More changes at WU
« on: April 27, 2019, 06:44:02 AM »
WU is streaming this banner across its PWS page. I'm not optimistic that it will be better, but I've been wrong about them before. Once.

Good news! We're moving PWS and Webcams to new systems. Visitors can expect some interruption to device signup, dashboard, and management pages the week of March 18.

I did notice today that they have recently revamped how my data is displayed when I go to my PWS site on their website. When I look t someone else's PWS, it still looks the same as it did before.

Stay tuned ...
Blick

jennajon

• Gentle Breeze
    • FW2882
    • KMEGLENB7
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus With FARS, Solar and UV sensors, MAC 27 in. Retina, WeatherCat vers. 3.05 build 27
Re: More changes at WU
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 12:09:24 PM »

Good news! We're moving PWS and Webcams to new systems. Visitors can expect some interruption to device signup, dashboard, and management pages the week of March 18.

I remember all too well the last flub-up with cams...I am so glad I ended my 12 year marriage to WU.  Considering this is now end of April...I love their timeliness.

Jenna

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Working for me. (Re: More changes at WU)
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2019, 10:37:37 PM »
Dear Blick, Jenna, and WeatherCat faithful,

Thanks for pointing out the banner.  I hadn't noticed.  I just double-checked my station and everything is as good as can be.  Still no webcam, but I haven't solved that problem on my end either.

Cheers, Edouard

Weatheraardvark

• Gale
  • I hear tornado sirens, lets go climb on the roof
    • C0005
    • KIADESMI1
    • Des Moines Weather and Climate
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 Plus, Fars, Extra sensors
Re: More changes at WU
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2019, 07:54:54 PM »
My weather data is there, but I have a Bloomsky camera that is sending data , but there are several issues.  I went with Bloomsky because it is outside, I don't need to supply power and it was something I considered.    WU  won't let me use the name Bloosky uses for the camera ID and Bloomsky won't let me change the name of the camera to match the camera iD  that WU wants.

So I am going to let it dance this way a bit more, if nothing is solved by the summer.. I just will supply data.  and Yes,  I have seen the changes, Arghhhh [rainyluck]
Davis VP2 Plus; 24h  FARS; Extra Temp Humid sensor (2); Extra Temp Station (2);;Weatherlink IP;USB; MAC Ventura 13.3

; https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddablePage/show/8a7585dd06404bde81d5229b09f84ebb/summary