Author Topic: 403 error when trying to preview a page on Wiki?  (Read 3696 times)

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
403 error when trying to preview a page on Wiki?
« on: October 07, 2014, 09:40:40 PM »
Howdy Stu and WeatherCat collaborative documentalists,

This morning I went through the pain of switching the transmitter IDs of my Davis VP-2 ISS and temperature/humidity station.  Unfortunately, the Davis documentation was a bit terse and I ran into a few - "surprises" - along the way.

Hoping to spare the rest of you from such a fate, I was trying to create a new wiki page with some addition information on how to do accomplish this.  Alas, when I try to preview my edited page, I get a 403 "Access to this resource on the server is denied!" message.  Stu, if you can spare the time in-between packing, could you take a peek to see what has caused our Wiki to become a Won't-ki . . .  [biggrin]

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
Re: 403 error when trying to preview a page on Wiki?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 08:32:33 PM »
Thanks for the heads-up Edouard. Can you try it without any external links (if you had any) - I suspect that may be the issue.

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Links not the issue (Re: 403 error when trying to preview a page on Wiki?)
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 09:44:47 PM »
Hi Stu and WeatherCat Wiki authors,

Thanks for the heads-up Edouard. Can you try it without any external links (if you had any) - I suspect that may be the issue.

Unfortunately, trying to avoid external links would have been a real problem because I wanted to link from the Davis hardware page that has a bunch of external links:

http://wiki.trixology.com/index.php/Davis

So instead I just tried to create my page without any other page in the wiki linking to it and I also removed the one external link that was in the text.  Alas, I got the same result.  I'm getting a 403 error for trying to save changes or previewing those changes.

You are only 2 days away from your holiday, so unless you can spot something that's easy to fix, just drop it for now.  I've saved the text on my computer and it can wait until you get back from your adventures in the wilderness.

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 12:11:01 AM »
OK, give it another bash - seems to be OK now.

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 04:26:44 AM »
For what it's worth, I logged in to the Wiki and played around and I'm not see the 403 error.
Blick

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
Thanks Stu, that fixed it! (Re: 403 error)
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2014, 11:15:21 PM »
Howdy Stu, Blick, and WeatherCat Wiki authors,

OK, give it another bash - seems to be OK now.

For what it's worth, I logged in to the Wiki and played around and I'm not see the 403 error.

Yes indeed, I just added the link to the new article.  Everything looks like it is working now. 

Thanks Stu!  [tup]

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 05:23:29 PM »
Good to know  [tup]