Author Topic: Applescript for Twitter Upload - Daily high/lows  (Read 3135 times)

monymony

• Strong Breeze
  • CoCoRaHS - MD-CC-16
    • EW3643
    • KMDELKTO10
    • Cecil County Maryland Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Applescript for Twitter Upload - Daily high/lows
« on: January 25, 2014, 04:03:40 AM »
Hi All,

I am thinking about putting the Twitter upload script to use but see it is currently only reports live data.  Is there a way to pull daily high/low and to only send a message as a specific time?  From what I am seeing I don't think this is possible but figured I would ask.

Thanks!

Jay

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
YES! (Re: Applescript for Twitter Upload - Daily high/lows)
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 09:52:32 PM »
Hi Jay and WeatherCat AppleScript fans,

I am thinking about putting the Twitter upload script to use but see it is currently only reports live data. 

;) . . . . . Hey, that is - SO - October 27, 2013!!  [biggrin]

Is there a way to pull daily high/low and to only send a message as a specific time?  From what I am seeing I don't think this is possible but figured I would ask.

You need to check out the latest release of my AppleScripts:

http://athena.trixology.com/index.php?topic=1039.0

The main change is to allow for additional information to be posted to Twitter.  The new feature you want is being able to create tiny AppleScripts that grab data from WeatherCat web-tags and post them Twitter instead of just putting them on the web.  For what you want to do, I have already come up with something close to what you want to do: WC Day Summary Twitter.  It is a bit crude, but it should be a reasonable point of departure.

Let me know if I can help you explore the idea further.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

monymony

• Strong Breeze
  • CoCoRaHS - MD-CC-16
    • EW3643
    • KMDELKTO10
    • Cecil County Maryland Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Re: YES! (Re: Applescript for Twitter Upload - Daily high/lows)
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 03:12:54 PM »

Hi Edouard,

You need to check out the latest release of my AppleScripts:

http://athena.trixology.com/index.php?topic=1039.0

This might be exactly what I am looking for.  Not sure how I missed the announcement for the December release (still was using the October links).  I will need to do lots of testing first to get things just the way I want but I think I can make this work.  This past week I finally implemented some of your other AppleScripts successfully and they are working great.  Thank you for the great contribution to WC and for all your hard work!

Jay

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
D'oh! (Re: Applescript for Twitter Upload - Daily high/lows)
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 09:56:54 PM »
Hi Jay and WeatherCat AppleScript fans,

This might be exactly what I am looking for. 

Take a look, the upgrade was designed to solve problems like the one you describe.

Not sure how I missed the announcement for the December release (still was using the October links).

D'oh!!

There was one possible reason.  I forgot to update the link on the Wiki article about it.  Just corrected that.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]