General Category > New Member Introductions

Hello from the Algarve, Portugal

(1/2) > >>

DavidAlgarve:
I have been very slow to join the forum, mainly because although I have had my equipment for some time, I haven't really had the time to find out what it is capable of.
The hardware is the Vantage Vue and Data Logger. The software was originally installed on a mid 2011 27" iMac and I was content to see the basic weather measurements on the screen, with the thought that I would get round to a greater understanding when work load diminished.
Well the old iMac finally succumbed just before Christmas, so as a temporary measure, everything was migrated to a Mac Mini that had previously been used for media.
A new 2017 iMac was received earlier this month and so I now migrated everything (or so I thought!) to the new machine. This was much more problematic than it should have been and  many hours were spent on the phone to Apple Support before I could feel confident that it was performing satisfactorily.
So working down the Apps in alphabetical order, I finally got around to WeatherCat.
Many problems again and I must have installed the Silicon Labs driver a dozen times, but finally, with the help of Trixology support, I have it working.
It was tedious, but I have learned a lot and I am now determined to learn more about the features and perhaps, contribute to weather statistics from this area of Portugal

Blicj11:
Welcome to the forum David. Glad to have you aboard. Portugal is a beautiful country.

The next time you need to move WeatherCat, there is a step-by-step instruction on how to day that in the WeatherCat Wiki. In fact, there is a whole bus load of information in the Wiki about how to do things with WeatherCat. Take a look here:

http://wiki.trixology.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

elagache:
Dear David, Blick, and WeatherCat welcome wagon, . . . .

--- Quote from: DavidAlgarve on January 25, 2018, 04:59:29 PM ---I have been very slow to join the forum, mainly because although I have had my equipment for some time, I haven't really had the time to find out what it is capable of.
--- End quote ---

Well certainly better late than never.  By all means welcome to the WeatherCat forum!

--- Quote from: DavidAlgarve on January 25, 2018, 04:59:29 PM ---The hardware is the Vantage Vue and Data Logger. The software was originally installed on a mid 2011 27" iMac and I was content to see the basic weather measurements on the screen, with the thought that I would get round to a greater understanding when work load diminished.
Well the old iMac finally succumbed just before Christmas, so as a temporary measure, everything was migrated to a Mac Mini that had previously been used for media.
A new 2017 iMac was received earlier this month and so I now migrated everything (or so I thought!) to the new machine. This was much more problematic than it should have been and  many hours were spent on the phone to Apple Support before I could feel confident that it was performing satisfactorily.
So working down the Apps in alphabetical order, I finally got around to WeatherCat.
Many problems again and I must have installed the Silicon Labs driver a dozen times, but finally, with the help of Trixology support, I have it working.
--- End quote ---

So sorry to hear about your multiple problems in getting yourself up and running with WeatherCat.  By all means try to ask your questions on the forum whenever possible.  We are a friendly bunch and collectively, we have an enormous amount of experience with this software.

--- Quote from: DavidAlgarve on January 25, 2018, 04:59:29 PM ---It was tedious, but I have learned a lot and I am now determined to learn more about the features and perhaps, contribute to weather statistics from this area of Portugal
--- End quote ---

By all means do feel free to report the weather statistics from your station.  It is very interesting to see how the weather varies across the world.

Once more, Welcome!  :)

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

xairbusdriver:
Welcome AboaRd, David!

Good to hear of your successful, if frustrating transition to a new computer. WC Support is the best around! And they are the reason we have this free forum, BTW!

wurzelmac:
Warm welcome to the [WCSmall] forum!  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version