WeatherCat > WeatherCat iOS Clients

iOS Client unable to connect after weak WiFi

(1/4) > >>

David:
I?m experiencing a bug that occurs after I unsuccessfully connect to my local host. e.g.
I try to connect too early during/after a WeatherCat restart, my phone?s connection to my WiFi is too weak.

After the failure to connect I wait and restart the app, but it doesn?t matter how long I wait (hours) or how many times I restart the app, I am unable to connect to localhost.

The only way I am able to fix this is by connecting to a remote server (trixology or disable my WiFi and use LTE to connect to my WeatherCat server). After this successful connection, I enable wifi, connect to my closest AP, and then switch back to my localhost, which it finds immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Grand Poohbah:

--- Quote from: david on May 23, 2018, 01:41:09 PM ---I?m experiencing a bug that occurs after I unsuccessfully connect to my local host. e.g.
I try to connect too early during/after a WeatherCat restart, my phone?s connection to my WiFi is too weak.

After the failure to connect I wait and restart the app, but it doesn?t matter how long I wait (hours) or how many times I restart the app, I am unable to connect to localhost.

The only way I am able to fix this is by connecting to a remote server (trixology or disable my WiFi and use LTE to connect to my WeatherCat server). After this successful connection, I enable wifi, connect to my closest AP, and then switch back to my localhost, which it finds immediately.

--- End quote ---

Can the benevolent overseers kindly move this to the About WeatherCatRCP 1.0 topic?

David:
GP,

This issue also occurs when I?m trying to connect to my RCP server through my public IP address via two different DDNS services. Today WeatherCat RCP failed to find my server using my ddns.net address until I successfully connected using my MikroTik DDNS. I restarted to app numerous times and that did not solve my issue.

ColdnFrosty:
Similar situation here. Although I can't confirm that it has anything to do with W-Fi.  I tried connecting through LTE from a remote location and no joy. Came home and tried again and no joy. I saw your post and tried connecting to trixology which was successfully. I then switched back to my IP and voila, the connection was made successfully.

--- Quote from: David on May 23, 2018, 01:41:09 PM ---I?m experiencing a bug that occurs after I unsuccessfully connect to my local host. e.g.

--- End quote ---

jennajon:
Same situation here.
ddns.net worked; now receiving error message that it can not be found AND server not verified, use a different server. Have tried uninstall and reinstall since app hangs, but that has not improved the outcome either. Local connects perfectly.
Using wireless ORBI mesh network. No security issues found, but did just update to MacOS HS 10.13.5.

[rainyluck]

UPDATE:  IP address of MAC changed, once that was updated in port forwarding--connected to ddns with no further issues.  [woohoo]
Consider this entry SOLVED!!!!!! ThU5:-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version