Author Topic: Hello From Southern Scotland!  (Read 7892 times)

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
Hello From Southern Scotland!
« on: March 23, 2013, 11:26:26 AM »
Here we are somewhere in the south of Scotland - we've had a bit of a disaster in that the when we set up and fired up the water pump it was leaking very badly - indeed it managed to pump about two gallons into the under-bed area before I realised what was happening! Whipped it out and looked like the seal between the motor and pump body had gone. Couldn't do much about it so we survived the night on a bottle of water. Managed to get a new pump in Irvine (?106!!!) and now we're all sorted.

Weather is snow, temperature just above 0?C, wind gusting 20 to 30 MPH with a wind chill of circa -7 to 10?C - lovely :) Most of the region is suffering the same weather at the moment - various roads are closed. We'll be out later today looking about (got a big tow rope in the back of the car just in-case :) ).

Here's a picture from when we arrived - should be back in the office next week.

Happy camping!

jace

• Storm
    • DW9675
    • ISuffolk62
    • Yoxford weather site.
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2, with Mac USB Data Logger. 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook, with 8 GB 1033 MHz DDR3 Memory, running Mac OSX Version 10.10.1 (Yosimite).
Re: Hello From Southern Scotland!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 01:35:51 PM »
You pick your time to go on holiday Stu !  [cold1]

Hope you didn't make too much noise celebrating to footie match last night  :'( :'(

JC

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Glad it all worked out okay!! (Re: Hello From Southern Scotland!)
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 08:59:48 PM »
Howdy Stu and WeatherCat "adventurers"  . . . . .

Here we are somewhere in the south of Scotland - we've had a bit of a disaster in that the when we set up and fired up the water pump it was leaking very badly

;) Awe shucks Stu, you aren't supposed to report these sorts of problems   . . .   Isn't owning a caravan just bliss and happiness?  . . . . .

NOT!!

Couldn't do much about it so we survived the night on a bottle of water. Managed to get a new pump in Irvine (?106!!!) and now we're all sorted.

Glad, you were able to recover so quickly and continue on your adventure!

Weather is snow, temperature just above 0?C, wind gusting 20 to 30 MPH with a wind chill of circa -7 to 10?C - lovely :) Most of the region is suffering the same weather at the moment - various roads are closed. We'll be out later today looking about (got a big tow rope in the back of the car just in-case :) ).

;) Gosh Stu, how do you brave conditions like that without an air-conditioner!?!??   [lol2]

should be back in the office next week.

If the roads are passable!!

We'll mind the store while you having  . . . . . . fun!!  [cold1]

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

jf-i2r

• Strong Breeze
  • Station Details: vantage pro2 wireless with solar sensor ; weatherlink-ip ;mac mini 1,6ghz 2go ram El Capitan
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 07:21:48 AM »
hi

[freeze] [freeze] [freeze] too cold for me :)

i prefer  [sun2]

look today ; Stu there it'll warm up

cheers
jean frederic

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 09:05:22 PM »
You pick your time to go on holiday Stu !  [cold1]

Hope you didn't make too much noise celebrating to footie match last night  :'( :'(

JC
What is this 'footie' you speak of? :)
Quote from: elegache

;) Gosh Stu, how do you brave conditions like that without an air-conditioner!?!??   [lol2]

Interestingly, with the winds being so strong, we both have chapped lips - very little moisture in the air!

hi

[freeze] [freeze] [freeze] too cold for me :)

i prefer  [sun2]

look today ; Stu there it'll warm up

cheers
jean frederic

We have nothing like that unfortunately :(

We have been driving over a lot of snow however - this was yesterday as we were trying to find a pub for lunch. About half way across with about a metre difference between the left and right wheels I had that horrible moment where I had to decide whether to stop and try to reverse out, or continue onwards and pray the car would stay upright. Luckily, it stayed upright and we got our lunch :)

jf-i2r

• Strong Breeze
  • Station Details: vantage pro2 wireless with solar sensor ; weatherlink-ip ;mac mini 1,6ghz 2go ram El Capitan
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 01:24:48 PM »
hi

it's not a joke but the previsison for 1 april   [freeze] :

ECP ffrom météociel

cheers

jean frederic

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 03:28:01 PM »
Hi WeatherCat fans
 Well it is till winter here in most parts of the USA and it looks like winter over across the big pond even if the calendar says it's Spring [goofy] weather

cheers
 [cheers1]

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Glad you are braving the conditions! (Re: Hello From Southern Scotland!)
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2013, 07:11:12 PM »
Howdy Stu and WeatherCat adventurers, . . . .

We have nothing like that unfortunately :(

We have been driving over a lot of snow however - this was yesterday as we were trying to find a pub for lunch. About half way across with about a metre difference between the left and right wheels I had that horrible moment where I had to decide whether to stop and try to reverse out, or continue onwards and pray the car would stay upright. Luckily, it stayed upright and we got our lunch :)

*Gulp*  That was a close call!!  :o

Was the food good at the pub and how about the fermented beverages?   [beer]  You haven't given us any reports on that yet!  ;D

Hope your journey home is more mundane!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]