Author Topic: Refresh iframe in WordPress?  (Read 17219 times)

pjrainbow

• Gentle Breeze
    • IENGLAND642
  • Station Details: Aercus WS3083, iMac running Mavericks with 16GB memory
Re: Refresh iframe in WordPress?
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2014, 06:08:14 AM »
Thank you both for your encouragement.  It's just a proof of concept at the moment.   I intend to add to it and reduce the size of the cloud movie to speed up loading time and....well I'll let you know when I've stopped tweaking!

I have a question about webcams - apologies if I should start another thread, but I'll ask it here for now.  I bought a webcam that has infra-red thingies for night viewing which, as my webcam is inside and looking through a window just gives rather ghoulish pictures of reflected lights at night.  No problem, I thought, I don't need pictures at night and I noticed that there is an option in Weather Cat to turn off webcam images at night.  That's great except that my night and Weather Cat's night don't seem to correspond - there are some parts of the night where I'm seeing ghostly lights instead of 'Webcam is turned off for the night'.  My question: is there a setting where I can manually set night time hours?  I have looked but probably in all the wrong places :)

Thanks in anticipation :)

Paula

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2014, 08:56:02 AM »
Hi Paula,
Check your coordinates as entered into WeatherCat's preferences. From these coordinates WeatherCat calculates sunrise and sunset times. The web-cam determines it's night by looking to see if the sun has set. If the coordinates are wrong, these times will be wrong.

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2014, 03:38:21 PM »
Check your coordinates as entered into WeatherCat's preferences.

Coordinates must be entered into WeatherCat in Loran:

From the WeatherCat Manual, page 25

Enter your Latitude and Longitude; please note that the format is Loran ? i.e. Degrees, Minutes and Hundredths of a minute.
If you don?t have your altitude and longitude in Loran format, you can convert Degrees, Minutes and Seconds to Degrees, Minutes and Hundredths with the following formula:
Hundredths=Seconds / 60 * 100
(Where ?/? means divide).
After entering your data it is important you press the ?Set Details? button ? if you do not, your details will not be registered and every time you start WeatherCat it will ask you if you want to set your location! (The ?Set Location? button prevents accidental editing of the location data.)
Blick

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Well, not exactly the same!! (Was: Refresh iframe in WordPress?)
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2014, 08:33:34 PM »
Hi Blick and WeatherCat fans,

Nice photo Edouard. And the car looks exactly the same after all these years. Must be magic.

Well, . . . . . not exactly.  [wink]  Between the rally sport wheels, white wall tires and other improvements, my trusty wagon looks better than she did in 1968.  [tup]

Alas, somewhere between 1968 and now . . .  I seems to have reached my peak and definitely looks like the trend is in the wrong direction!  :-[

Too bad it is much easier to give a classic car a makeover than it is a "classic" human!  [biggrin]

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]