Author Topic: Meteotemplate  (Read 137680 times)

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
Re: Meteotemplate
« Reply #165 on: October 07, 2016, 06:35:57 PM »
 [tup]
Reinhard

jhoke

• Gentle Breeze
  • this space for rent
    • EW5604
    • KPAALBRI11
    • Indian Mountain Lakes - Carbon County Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2, MacMini (i5 2.5Ghz 4GBRam 500GB HD, 4TB attached storage), other bits coming soon (UV, etc)
« Reply #166 on: October 07, 2016, 07:36:30 PM »
A couple things...

1 - Jachym - wow ... the gauges are amazing looking .... THANK YOU! (now only if it was a block option  [cheers1] )
2 - Ive been playing around with a couple things missing from my previous template - MESONET maps (http://saratoga-weather.org/scripts-mesonet-map.php) ... i've gotten a down and dirty custom page version running at (http://weather.hoke.org/meteo/custom/mesonet/index.php) - but still have a bunch of cleanup to do in the tabs - but the map tab works 99.9999%

As the MESONet has international presence (and yes in CZ also! http://weather.hoke.org/meteo/custom/mesonet/index.php?net=CZWN ) perhaps this could be put on the pile of "to do" for an official plugin? I can zip up the pages I threw together as well if you like... mostly copied the display of the map into your blank.php custom page and put it and the supporting files in a mesonet directory...

3 - *thank you* again - you are a multitasking genius (or at least soon to be PhD  [headbang] )

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
  • Station Details: WH1080
« Reply #167 on: October 07, 2016, 07:44:14 PM »
Hi,

first of all thanks for kind words. Now to your points....

- gauges block - it already exists and I did create a version for WC already ;) http://meteotemplate.com/blog/?p=1190

- mesonet.... the thign is... these are sort of Ken?s maps, he is the author of all this, it is part of Saratoga and so that is why it is obviously not part of Meteotemplate...

also... yes I know about the Czech network... because I am the admin of it and I created it :D :D :D Even before MT existed...

I do not plan on adding this to MT, it would be relatively complicated and as I said, it is basically a feature of Saratoga template and there is in fact already a page that allows you to report to Mesonet via Meteotemplate. I created it with Ken a few months ago, it is in your pages/station directory.

jhoke

• Gentle Breeze
  • this space for rent
    • EW5604
    • KPAALBRI11
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2, MacMini (i5 2.5Ghz 4GBRam 500GB HD, 4TB attached storage), other bits coming soon (UV, etc)
« Reply #168 on: October 07, 2016, 07:51:39 PM »
Thanks

FYI - I did check with Ken if I could use the code on my site first ;)   (and yes - complicated is a good way of looking at it  [banghead] )

I didnt realize there was that functionality in the pages/station section ... THANKS :)

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #169 on: October 07, 2016, 07:53:57 PM »
Yes :)

It really is something Ken developed and in fact I sort of helped him by creating the CZ version, which I also host on my webhosting server, and I support users to upload stuff to those networks, but I leave the actual maps to Ken?s pages. Im sure he is ok with you including it, but I will not release it as a plugin etc.,

OT: Like your sticker ;)

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #170 on: October 08, 2016, 07:28:45 AM »
But nothing compares to this:
http://wetter.unterwurzacher.at/template/pages/station/live.php  [sun2]

I agree. But this template is amazing. It is clean and simple looking. Thanks Jachym.
Blick

idunn

• Strong Breeze
  • name: idunn
    • icantono2
    • Magpie Hill
  • Station Details: WS1080, iMac 10.9.5, Canon Powershot A510 zoomed with gphoto2, located at 950m in Gross Switzerland, Webcam view SE to Alps on magpie-hill.com on WeatherCloud (MagpieHill) and Wunderground (ID icantono2)
« Reply #171 on: October 08, 2016, 09:13:29 AM »
Hello all who are trying the Meteotemplate,
I think this template is a wonderful development and am especially impressed by being able to include so many interesting weather maps and models. However I think as far as displaying my own data I am happy with WC Simple Web, as well as with WeatherCloud and WU. The extra goodies on MT I can view on some of your websites. For these reasons I do not plan to continue trying to install MT. Jachym deserves great credit and even a little money for his efforts. So I am making now a tiny contribution.
Irving

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #172 on: October 08, 2016, 10:04:31 AM »
Jachym,
may I ask another question? The attached screenshot shows the pulldown menu of the stationData block. In there are three things translated incorrectly:
? *Diese monat* should spell *Dieses Monat*
? *Diese jahr* should spell *Dieses Jahr*
? *Letzte 365 tage* should spell *Letzte 365 Tage*
Cannot find these phrases in lang.de - where else can I look?
Thanks in advance,
Reinhard

jhoke

• Gentle Breeze
  • this space for rent
    • EW5604
    • KPAALBRI11
« Reply #173 on: October 08, 2016, 02:43:54 PM »
Jachym

Good Morning - I think i found a small bug/issue with the WeatherCat Live Gauges ... look at the screenshot below and in the pressure gauge it has two "30" marks...

Not sure if this is something I screwed up or something odd in the gauge creation ...

Also the "Y" in the rain gauge is showing up within the rain gauge instead of next to the "D M "

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #174 on: October 08, 2016, 02:57:52 PM »
Hello all who are trying the Meteotemplate,
I think this template is a wonderful development and am especially impressed by being able to include so many interesting weather maps and models. However I think as far as displaying my own data I am happy with WC Simple Web, as well as with WeatherCloud and WU. The extra goodies on MT I can view on some of your websites. For these reasons I do not plan to continue trying to install MT. Jachym deserves great credit and even a little money for his efforts. So I am making now a tiny contribution.
Irving

Hi Irving,
thanks for your nice comment and also thank you very much for the contribution, it is realy appreciated because it helps me to cover the costs. I invest all the donations towards webhosting and domain, given I now have 2000x higher traffic than I head a yr ago I already had to upgrade my hosting plan, so it helps with that :-) My goal is to break even and if sometime in the future there was more money available than the costs I could consider reducing my part-time job which I currently do in the evenings on weekdays and afternoons on weekends, but obviously I can only do that if I know that I will get the money elsewhere, the rent, bills, food... all quite expensive here and with just 2yrs of work experience, despite MsC degree you are very close to minimum wage here :D Interestingly the prices here are sometimes even higher than in the U.S.,e.g. a Davis Pro 2 is around 1400 bucks (now compare that with average wage of 4dollars/hour, which is still much more than people like me have..)
But it is just a hobby and the great thing about it is that it is basically a "free hobby" - I mean compare that with for example the costs for hobbies like skiing etc. And I really enjoy it, meet new people, learn new things, and sometimes it even helps me with studying :D

Either way, I totally understand your point, my template is for those who want lots of info and I am well aware of the fact this is not the case for everyone and thats why it is great that people have the ability to choose - SW built-in webpages, Saratoga template, Leuven, Meteotemplate.... I dont see any of those as competitots, just alternatives and I have very good relationship with Ken (Saratoga), Wim (Leuven), Brian (WD), Boris (Meteobridge) etc. and we often help each other or co-operate.

Best regards ;)

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #175 on: October 08, 2016, 02:59:30 PM »
Jachym,
may I ask another question? The attached screenshot shows the pulldown menu of the stationData block. In there are three things translated incorrectly:
? *Diese monat* should spell *Dieses Monat*
? *Diese jahr* should spell *Dieses Jahr*
? *Letzte 365 tage* should spell *Letzte 365 Tage*
Cannot find these phrases in lang.de - where else can I look?
Thanks in advance,

Hi,
yes that is because the translations are sort of "built" - what I mean is - I know German so I know those phrases should have different word endings, but the problem is that the way this works in the back and is this:
- there is a translation for "this"
- translation for "month", "year" etc.
and it is then just combined together, thats why you didnt find it in the lang, it uses the translation for "this" and translation for the period ("month", "year" etc.)

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #176 on: October 08, 2016, 03:00:48 PM »
Jachym

Good Morning - I think i found a small bug/issue with the WeatherCat Live Gauges ... look at the screenshot below and in the pressure gauge it has two "30" marks...

Not sure if this is something I screwed up or something odd in the gauge creation ...

Also the "Y" in the rain gauge is showing up within the rain gauge instead of next to the "D M "

That double 30 is weird, it is a scripting library for drawing gauges, I will check it on Monday when Im in my office, I need a more powerful PC to do some testing. With regards to the Y Im not sure, when I look at your page it looks fine, which browser are you using and what screen siźe?

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
« Reply #177 on: October 08, 2016, 03:05:50 PM »
Thanks Jachym,

I looked at the lang.de and there is *year* correct translated as *Jahr* (look at the caps). I almost think that the problem here is the json auto-translation that you have no influence on. But it is only cosmetically, everybody knows what is meant by this phrases.

Thanks again for this incredible template - every now and then I am looking into it and am surprised what is possible with two hands full of data...
 [woohoo]

Cheers,
Reinhard

jhoke

• Gentle Breeze
  • this space for rent
    • EW5604
    • KPAALBRI11
« Reply #178 on: October 08, 2016, 03:07:29 PM »
That double 30 is weird, it is a scripting library for drawing gauges, I will check it on Monday when Im in my office, I need a more powerful PC to do some testing. With regards to the Y Im not sure, when I look at your page it looks fine, which browser are you using and what screen siźe?

I'll take a look through the lib and see if anything sticks out later tonight and if i find it I'll let you know ...

As for the browser - that image was in Safari on an external 3440x1440 monitor at about 1/2 screen resolution... I've gone full screen and still same issue... I've also tested in Chrome and Firefox ... will need to test on MSIE on Windows when I get to work Tuesday (monday is a bank holiday here in the States)

I will go through my config file to see if I am limiting the width anywhere ... don't think so but who knows ;)

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
« Reply #179 on: October 08, 2016, 03:11:46 PM »
Hi jhoke,

I can confirm the issue DMY with Chrome on an iMac 24'' on your website. Interesting, the PlugIn on my site is working fine.

Cheers,
Reinhard