Author Topic: Is this a new version of the forum software?  (Read 4253 times)

awilltx

Is this a new version of the forum software?
« on: August 25, 2015, 09:30:07 PM »
There used to be a link at the top for "Show unread posts since last visit" which I'm not finding. It was probably the most-used function for me, other than my occasional witty posts, etc. Just curious...

Alan

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Working fine for me. (Re: Is this a new version of the forum software?)
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 09:54:15 PM »
Hi Alan and WeatherCat forum regulars,

There used to be a link at the top for "Show unread posts since last visit" which I'm not finding. It was probably the most-used function for me, other than my occasional witty posts, etc. Just curious...

I don't think Stu had changed the forum software lately.  He mentioned trying to update the forum software on the private beta-test forum so that could be used as a test platform, but that hasn't happened yet either.

I'm still getting the "Show unread posts since last visit" link as I always have.  Perhaps you should try deleting your browser caches and see if that helps.  I have you change anything in your setup?  It is a long shot, but if you use Safari, Apple may have changed something in the last Yosemite update.  You might try another browser as a check.

If you still have problems, you might need to ask Stu about it.  Stu solved a mysterious login problem I was having on the private forum by tweaking the PHP settings.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
Re: Is this a new version of the forum software?
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 12:29:52 AM »
Hi Alan and Edouard
 It is still showing up under my name at the top of the page and I am running 10.10.5

cheers

[cheers1]

Felix

• Gale
  • Station Details: Davis VP-2 Plus, FARS, WeatherLink IP. Sharx cams.
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 10:36:27 AM »

It is still showing up under my name at the top of the page and I am running 10.10.5

Same here.

awilltx

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 11:43:57 AM »
I tried logging out, deleting the cache in Safari, tried Chrome and the same problem. I cannot find any user settings to change, either. The mystery continues...

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Calling Stu, . . (Re: Is this a new version of the forum software?)
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 09:40:01 PM »
Dear Alan, Felix, Randall, and WeatherCat troubleshooters,

I tried logging out, deleting the cache in Safari, tried Chrome and the same problem. I cannot find any user settings to change, either. The mystery continues...

I guess you'll need to get in touch directly with Stu to see if he can tweak something on the server end of things.  It sounds very similar the problem we had on the private forum.  It could be some sort of PHP caching issue.  That was the problem previously if I recall correctly.

Cheers, Edouard

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2015, 10:42:27 PM »
I don't see my name when on the Forums List (Index), but there is a link labeled "Unread Posts" near the top, right-hand part of that page.
Speaking of the Forum Software, an "attached" image doesn't seem to show in the Preview. Just another reason to use the "img" tag... No way to 'place an image where one wants it, it's all controlled by the S/W. [rolleyes2] Or do I have to adjust a settling somewhere?
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system