Author Topic: NOAA style Reports Question  (Read 1158 times)

SRS

• Gentle Breeze
    • EW0056
    • KWASPOKA56
  • Station Details: OS WMR968 / WeatherCat
NOAA style Reports Question
« on: February 15, 2017, 09:47:40 PM »
Can I edit or change the data that is used in the NOAA style reports? Example: the NOAA reports have heating & Cooling deg. days listed with its gathered information.  I would like to replace that information with the high and low of the barometric pressure.  Or is there another way to do a report that prints out and looks like the NOAA style reports? 

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
It is a standard format (Re: NOAA style Reports Question)
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 11:12:21 PM »
Dear SRS and WeatherCat customizers, . . .

Can I edit or change the data that is used in the NOAA style reports?

I don't believe so.  My understanding is that the NOAA report format is a standard that is used by professionals and amateurs alike.  That is one of the reasons for the heating and cool degree days.  It can be used by building managers to adjust their HVAC to be more efficient.

Or is there another way to do a report that prints out and looks like the NOAA style reports?

I don't believe there is any other facility like the NOAA styled reports in WeatherCat.  However, if you think such a feature might have some general appeal you could always make a feature request for it in this thread:

http://athena.trixology.com/index.php?board=4.0

Cheers, Edouard