Author Topic: Sensor errors and Live Data question  (Read 1460 times)

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Sensor errors and Live Data question
« on: March 04, 2015, 10:21:38 PM »
Dear WeatherCat "power users," . . .

Sufferin' succotash!

My darn weather station generated some sensor errors once more shortly after midnight!! >:(  I checked, the battery is fine so this doesn't look like a power issue anymore.  However, the station transmitter is now a long away from the Weather Envoy, so I turned on retransmitting on the Console that is roughly 1/2 the distance to the transmitter.  Hopefully, that'll lurn it!

However, there was a small problem within this big problem.  My WC Status Growler AppleScript still wasn't catching these errors properly.  So I dug a little more and found yet another bug.

While I was testing to confirm that everything was indeed working properly with WC Status Growler I noticed something a bit weird that I think Stu will have to answer (and definitely this can wait until the weekend or whatever.)  I unplugged the anemometer cable to cause the sensor errors and while some of the data was listed as invalid, the Live Data didn't count up any sensor errors:

Even if the total sensor errors were incrementing.  On the other hand unplugging the temperature/humidity probe does cause a tally:

Stu, is this something to do with the temperature/humidity probe generating some sort sentinel value when the sensor is unplugged while unplugging the anemometer doesn't cause an analogous sentinel value?

Curious minds want to know!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

P.S. The same fix also finally got the station communication timeout errors to work properly on WC Status Growler.  I had unplugged the USB connection from the Envoy to test that.  WeatherCat successfully reset the communications by the way.

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
Re: Sensor errors and Live Data question
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 10:15:19 PM »
I suspect it picked up it wasn't fitted (and therefore couldn't generate any sensor errors) - same as for example if no solar sensor is fitted, it'll just appear as invalid.