Author Topic: Canebas weather station is 3 year's old!!  (Read 3931 times)

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Canebas weather station is 3 year's old!!
« on: October 03, 2012, 09:32:38 PM »
Dear MacWeather folks,

Yesterday was another one of those frantic days and I forgot it was the anniversary of first getting data to my Mac from my Davis Vantage Pro-2 station on October 1st, 2009.  I had naively put all the pieces together for my station in late September of that year and tried WeatherLink . . . . . Blah!!!!  >:(

Within a hour, it was off to MacUpdate to see . . . . . there has - got - to be something better than WeatherLink!!

As usual, I reviewed the options, read the user-reviews and was attracted to a program from a far away corner of the world: Scotland.

I gave LWC a first try . . . . . . and never looked back!!  [bounce]

Today, WeatherCat is able to display that first data:

So I need to give Stu a - very large thank you - for making this anniversary possible!!

Throughout the years of my weather station operation, Stu's software has been nothing short of outstanding!!  [rock]  Stu, you are very skilled and meticulous programmer.  If every piece of software worked as well as LWC and now WeatherCat perform, our world would be literally unrecognizable because of how much better everything in our lives would interact.  Stu, you are truly a credit to the software engineering world!!  [tup]

Last year about this time, things were looking really bleak. :(

So life took a giant leap back toward normalcy when the first hints of WeatherCat showed up.   [cat]

Thanks Stu for being there for me and all of us all these years!!  [cheer]

I would like to thank everyone in the LWC and WeatherCat community has helped me with tips, suggestions, and clever tricks over all that time.  It has been a long road for all of us and a hard one from time to time.  Thanks for being willing to share this road with me!!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
Re: Canebas weather station is 3 year's old!!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 09:56:31 PM »
Hi Edouard
 I first want thank you for everything you have done for us weather crazy folks also
You are right Stu has done a great job I started using LWC right after it was posted maybe a month later
I was using a different mac Weather program and the owner of it just disappeared they even said he had died so I was looking for something new when I found LWC so I think I was 1 of the earliest beta tester for it
Thanks again Edouard and Stu for all you guys hard work
 [cheers1]

embayweather

• Strong Breeze
    • DW3656
    • lENGLAND128
    • Lancastrian Imaging
  • Station Details: Oregon WM928, Intel Mac 2.5Ghz, I5 Quad core, Met Office spec manual instruments, Cat, WD, 1-wire, Labjack, Lightning Radar
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 02:07:39 PM »
I would echo Randall's comment Edouard, you have done soooooo much to help this community not just with your scripts but with you outstanding help on the Forum. Together with Stu's programming ability, which is beyond compare in my opinion, there has been created a brilliant product and as I have said before the best forum on the net.
The only question I have is how are you going to top that in the next three years?

Well done with your station too. I often look back at the beginning of mine, and still get a little tingle from it.

Best wishes

Mike

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 02:36:58 PM »
Congratulations, Edouard, and thanks for all your help here and on the MacWeather.net forum!
Steve
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 03:30:25 PM »
 [cheers1]
Reinhard
Reinhard

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 05:45:43 PM »
By the way, Edouard, how is Canebas pronounced. When I read it, I mentally say "Mary Jane weather station is 3 years old!!"   [rockon]
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 06:29:40 PM »
Hey Steve
 Those were the old days  Mary Jane back in the 60's and 70's  [woohoo]
Edouard wouldn't be like that or would he? He is in California. [lol2]

[cheers1]

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 09:44:04 PM »
I've wondered, Randy. Have you seen those photos of his station? You can see his "garden" (wink wink) in some, and it looks a bit "weedy" to me. Not that I'd know what that stuff looks like...
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Thanks gang!! (Re: Canebas weather station is 3)
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2012, 11:34:34 PM »
Howdy Randall, Mike, Steve, Reinhard, and WeatherCat fans,

Thanks for the kind words.  Certainly glad that you'all have gotten something out of my AppleScripts.  Sorry that they are in some neglect at the moment.  As feared, now that da' engine has arrived, all them minor details are falling on me so the great trusty wagon caper is anything but resolved.  The current mission impossible: finding a radiator that actually fits . . . .

By the way, Edouard, how is Canebas pronounced. When I read it, I mentally say "Mary Jane weather station is 3 years old!!"   [rockon]

Golly, I have no clue how to explain this.  I suppose the closest I can offer is trying running these words together: "cane"+"eh"+"bass".

It actually has a simple meaning.  "cane" is roughly peak.  "bas" means low in French.  So what it means is a low-peak in a hilly terrain.  There was a spot next to my Mom's ancestral home with that name and she chose to name our house here in Orinda after that spot.  Obviously the name stuck!  :)

Thanks again for everything!!  [tup]

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]