Author Topic: Odd Storm Monitor Result  (Read 2467 times)

kelsowx

• Gentle Breeze
    • DW4395
    • IQLDKELS2
  • Station Details: La Crosse WS2306 connected to an iMac OSX 10.8 and now WeatherCat instead of LWC
Odd Storm Monitor Result
« on: April 14, 2013, 01:06:04 AM »
Today the script sent this message

At 7:35:51 AM, WeatherCat reports barometric pressure to have stopped rising rapidly. The barometric pressure rose from 1011.8mbar to 1011.7 mbar and was increasing rapidly for:  21 minutes.

Anyone spot the problem? :-)

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
I've seen it - but it's rare. (Re: Odd Storm Monitor Result)
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 11:12:34 PM »
Dear kelsowx and WeatherCat AppleScripts fans,

Today the script sent this message

At 7:35:51 AM, WeatherCat reports barometric pressure to have stopped rising rapidly. The barometric pressure rose from 1011.8mbar to 1011.7 mbar and was increasing rapidly for:  21 minutes.

Anyone spot the problem? :-)

I have seen WC Storm Monitor give me that sort of error where it reports the opposite of what actually happened.  It is relatively rare.  I've never gotten a good handle the problem.  The only thing I can imagine is that the AppleScript only makes checks on barometric on time scales of 20 minutes.  I'm guessing that in your case, it set a flag that the barometric pressure started to rise 20 minutes and in that time the pressure completely reversed.

I tried to add some logic to catch that sort of thing and I have seen that logic work from time to time, but clearly it isn't working perfect.

Sorry gang, these poor AppleScripts are going to have to remain neglected until I can get my poor wagon back to life.  I'm way behind on the restoration of the dashboard components and I lost another day today to unexpected yard-work.  Hope you'all can cope with the neglect until my life becomes more sane.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]