Author Topic: WU Dashboard Survey  (Read 2427 times)

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
WU Dashboard Survey
« on: March 03, 2017, 03:56:03 PM »
Weather Underground is currently collecting feedback on its dashboard. When I looked at my PWS WU dashboard this morning, along the top of the screen was a blue banner requesting my input on a survey. I took the survey - it's a short one - and they are asking for input on how to improve features. If you are hoping for some WU dashboard improvements, this is your chance to share your opinion with them.
Blick

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Thanks! (Re: WU Dashboard Survey)
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 11:46:06 PM »
Dear Blick and WeatherCat station caregivers,

Weather Underground is currently collecting feedback on its dashboard.
. . . .

Thanks for the pointer!  I'm so busy I would have missed this.  thanks to the head's up I was able to complete the survey and give them a thought or two.

Cheers, Edouard

Felix

• Gale
  • Station Details: Davis VP-2 Plus, FARS, WeatherLink IP. Sharx cams.
Re: WU Dashboard Survey
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 01:24:54 PM »
Yea, I completed their survey when I saw that blue banner. Not holding my breath though, I've done WU surveys before and haven't seen anything but self-serving changes. I was very optimistic when IBM bought WU...figuring the corporate deep pockets and technology backbench would turn the site into something really special. And then when I saw Jeff Masters blog about the "ground-breaking weather software" to come, I was really excited.

Well, I'm still waiting.

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
Re: WU Dashboard Survey
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 02:39:09 PM »
<personal opinion>In my typical cynical attitude, "you get what you pay for" (usually). But it is rare to get anything useful or continuously improved for free. I fear that many confuse who the "customer" is with Facebook, Twitter and, yes, WU, and what is their "product". We are not their "customer". We are their "product". They 'accept' our data and use that as a product to sell to advertisers in an attempt to make a profit. Nothing wrong with making a profit. However, it's fantastic to have a product that is virtually (no pun intended, of course) free! The "Internet" has becomes a very inexpensive way to get advertisers to pay to reach an audience.

We all paid for its development but its expansion and control has been passed to ever larger corporations for their use. We now have a Chairman of the FCC who has publicly opposed net neutrality and is known to be pro-business. Expect to see higher prices, slower speeds and lowered 'service'. [rolleyes2]</personal opinion>

Have a great weekend! Enjoy your weather data! I know I enjoy the software Stu creates and this forum that his profit supports! ThU5:-)
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system