Author Topic: The Wind Run Update  (Read 2999 times)

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
  • Developer of WeatherCat for iOS, tvOS, and watchOS
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2, aspirated, solar radiation, uv, soil temp and moisture
The Wind Run Update
« on: July 01, 2016, 12:46:03 AM »
The next update to WeatherCat for iPhone will include the addition of Wind Run. This implementation is "the total amount of wind that has passed the weather station since midnight" expressed in km, miles, nautical miles, or meters depending on the user's settings. It is the same number as the one shown on the WeatherCatClient Wind Run gauge.

Here is a screenshot of the beta version with a maximum scale of 200 miles (321.9 km). What would you recommend as a reasonable maximum wind run for a 24 hour period? There may be occasions when the maximum scale value is exceeded, but they should not happen very often.

Your studied and thoughtful suggestions are appreciated.

TechnoMonkey

• Strong Breeze
    • EW9323
    • KTXARANS6
    • TechnoMonkeys Weather
  • Station Details: La Crosse WS-2315 / High Sierra Server / Mac Mini 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5/ 8GB Ram / OS 120GB SSD / Home Folder 500GB FireWire / DATA 8TB RAID 5 / 1TB TIME CAPSULE
Re: The Wind Run Update
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 12:48:33 AM »
I would prefer the wind run for the last 24 hours or at least the option. JMHO

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2, aspirated, solar radiation, uv, soil temp and moisture
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 12:55:58 AM »

I share your preference. But it will be what the WeatherCat Server provides. It is either during the last 24 hours or during the hours since midnight. Does anyone know the time frame for the wind run value displayed in WeatherCatClient? That's what's going to be shown on the iPhone.

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 08:42:17 PM »

According to the Data Viewer/Editor in WeatherCat desktop, the Wind Run resets to 0.0 at midnight.