Author Topic: Watch the Log in Terminal?  (Read 2098 times)

dfw_pilot

• Gale
    • GW3252
    • KTNWILLI1
    • WX Page
  • Station Details: Davis Pro2 Plus
Watch the Log in Terminal?
« on: February 09, 2016, 08:16:12 PM »
I was just curious if anyone knew if it was possible to watch the WeatherCat log live in Terminal instead of the Log window.

Being gone a lot, I ssh into my machines at home via Terminal because it's much faster than screen sharing on slow hotel wifi connections (and more secure, too).

Thanks,

dfw
A clear conscience is a great pillow.

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
Re: Watch the Log in Terminal?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 04:32:48 AM »
dear Sir [name withheld to protect the "innocent"],
You may not want to post questions like that in public forums. Word could get back to the FAA (and its equivalent agency in other countries)! That could cause concerns about your psychological condition. As an alternative to watching Console while on a long layover, ask if there is any construction in progress near your hotel. If there almost certainly is, go there and watch some paint/concrete/mortar/plaster dry!!!! It will be better for your career future!!!
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

dfw_pilot

• Gale
    • GW3252
    • KTNWILLI1
    • WX Page
LOL
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 04:38:00 AM »
Bwahahahaha! LOL!

In my defense, I've had to watch it quite a bit lately working on my FTP error AND it's cold up here in Anchorage. But I have to admit, you got me pretty good there, as I had that coming!!

d**_****t

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 03:42:51 PM »
You didn't tell us where you were! My favorite pastime there (Spring and Summer, both months) was watching the Continental plates pass each other. The rest of the time it was watching the snow melt, which it rarely did eight months of the year...  [rolleyes2]
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

dfw_pilot

• Gale
    • GW3252
    • KTNWILLI1
    • WX Page
Plate Tectonics
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 04:21:09 PM »
LOL!

You should have been here a few weeks ago to "see" one of the plates pick up a lot of speed. To the tune of 7+ on the richter scale!

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 08:26:58 PM »
If you turn on 'Copy Log Entries To Console Log' in the Advanced pane of WeatherCat's preferences, all log entries will be copied to the console log (Applications->Utilities->Console.app). Enter WeatherCat in the search field to filter just WeatherCat's output.