Author Topic: Weather Underground Service Interruption  (Read 4243 times)

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Weather Underground Service Interruption
« on: November 21, 2015, 07:42:48 PM »
WU had been faithfully notifying me that I am not uploading to their website. The only problem is that they are wrong. My WU site show uninterrupted uploads. In the past 24 hours, I have received 4 notices that they have not heard from me for 2 hours. Then 10 minutes later, I get a email that says I am back online. Each time I check, there is no missing data, and I have uninterrupted uploads.

I know that WU automatically uploads historical data after a legitimate upload interruption. But in this case, the is no historical uploading occurring; I am simply receiving erroneous email notices from them.

Anyone else seeing this?
Blick

EyeJayEll

• Calm
    • INEWSOUT490
  • Station Details: Davis VantagePro2. 27" iMac.
Re: Weather Underground Service Interruption
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 08:01:05 PM »
Yes. Last night off at 11.09, back on at 11.13!

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 08:28:40 PM »
Several of the same emails here. It has to be something at their end.
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 09:36:44 PM »
Had two "no reports from you" in the last two days. I think it's just from their updating/tweaking their live site in real time! That's sometimes a dangerous procedure. [rolleyes2] I do that to save time, but I also enjoy being embarrassed. [biggrin] [lol] [blush]
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2015, 09:44:01 PM »
Hi Cat Family
 The same here said I had 4 different ones last night but he show my data was never interupted
told me mine had been off line for 7 hours

cheers

[cheers1]

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Nuttin' here. (Re: Weather Underground Service Interruption)
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2015, 10:13:57 PM »
Dear Blick, EyeJayEll, Steve, X-Air, Randall, and WeatherCat troubleshooters,

WU had been faithfully notifying me that I am not uploading to their website. The only problem is that they are wrong. My WU site show uninterrupted uploads.

. . . .

Anyone else seeing this?

Hmm, no problems to report here in sunny northern California.  Perhaps it is only effecting some regions?

Cheers, Edouard

Bull Winkus

• Storm
    • EW0095
    • KARHORSE2
    • WU for Horseshoe Bend, Arkansas
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless Vantage Pro 2, iMac 24"
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2015, 12:15:39 AM »
Sorry folks ! It was just a drill. Good job everybody. You can return to your normal workday routine, now. Yep! I got 'em too.

[goofy]
Herb

WxOwl

• Gentle Breeze
    • W6DSP AT649
    • KINHUNTI6
    • W6DSP Home Page
  • Station Details: Davis VP2, 24hr fars, MacMini Server-OS10.13
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2015, 12:30:58 AM »
Same problem here. Four emails today, but data shows normal uploads. Also problem with their home page. After many years displaying my station it now insists on using data from the first station in alphabetic listing from my area. Clicking on "change Station" has no effect. No doubt due to a new and improved software change.

David

Felix

• Gale
  • Station Details: Davis VP-2 Plus, FARS, WeatherLink IP. Sharx cams.
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2015, 11:37:05 AM »
WU is definitely having some problems. I haven't encountered the issue reported in this thread but I did experience intermittent webcam uploads 6 - 11 Nov. Everything was fine on my end, the file sizes were under the WU max and FTP logs indicated successful uploads. But on several occasions, the picture didn't change for such an extended time that WU reported the webcam as 'inactive.'

Finally e-mailed WU on 8 Nov and received an answer back from William, Wunderground Support, a day later reporting "... technical problems with the webcam server ... ."

Webcam upload issues finally cleared up late on the 11th and it's been rock solid from my location since then.

awilltx

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2015, 09:50:54 PM »
I have not experienced this latest reported problem in rather chilly Dallas, TX!

Come to think, I have never experienced any problems whatsoever with WU, except for those times when the site is down or is not responding to my updates.

Granted, that has been many times over the years, but I've always learned it is not my fault, so I just keep on feeding them information and let them sort it out on their end.

Alan

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2016, 05:23:00 PM »
Having exerted my brain a bit too much with my very deep thought experiments about capturing rain drop images, I decided to check my Wx data at my "partners". Amazingly, I found that WU is now displaying my .mov files. The 640 still images were always displayed but I always got a "rejected" notice in the "My Webcam" page for the link to that file.

It appears that WU may be taking the 640 px images and stitching them together to create a 12 hour (?) video. The current vid starts yesterday and has just a few frames of the IR images that WC accepts before shutting off capturing. It then continues to the first few hours of today.

I still have a "rejected" action label on my last attempt to add my video. But I had set that to a capture every 3600 seconds and the video looks like it is actually just the last 24 images that would compile to a video. I am tempted to change that setting but perhaps it's best to let sleeping dogs lie/lay/ly... sit? [banghead]

I doubt many would follow the multi-step sequence to eventually watch the video, anyway. [rolleyes2]
  • Open WU site to the correct page.
  • Click on the link below the PWS name.
  • Click the "View webcams on WU".
  • Find and click on one of the many 'video' icons on the area map.
  • Click the "Video Loop" link on the pop-up info box.
  • Enjoy the slightly vertically squashed video. (Don't forget to click the Play button) [banghead]
  • Take a break and congratulate yourself for finding all the links. One donut bonus reward if you only clicked the links sequentially with no repeats. [cheer]
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system