Author Topic: European / UK Weather Network  (Read 2237 times)

Alan Rowley

• Strong Breeze
  • It is far better to wear out than to rust away.
    • D3696
    • INOTTING15
    • Selston Weather
  • Station Details: Weather station: Davis Vantage Pro2. Software: WeatherCat. Computer: Mac Mini, High Sierra OS
European / UK Weather Network
« on: July 25, 2015, 06:21:19 PM »
I have been sending data to these two networks for five years while using Weather Display. I believed WeatherCat's data file realtime.wc.txt to be compatible with the networks, but they tell me not.

On the European Network, my login page tells me ...

Temperature seems to be flatlined. Last 1656 readings has been been the same.

The UK network admin sent me the following email ...

Hi Alan,

I have tried to make the Weathercat data work with the network but unfortunately it doesn't match the format of any other software supported by the network.
I know nothing about Weathercat but if you could have a look at the stickertag template files at the following link and see if you can recreate a similar file for Weathercat then it may work on the network: http://www.ukwx.net/wxconfig.php

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Regards,

Martin Collins
UK Weather Network

Does anyone know how I can get my data sent to them in the correct format?

Thanks - ALAN.

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
More info? (Re: European / UK Weather Network)
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 11:24:27 PM »
Dear Alan and WeatherCat data upload submitters,

I have been sending data to these two networks for five years while using Weather Display. I believed WeatherCat's data file realtime.wc.txt to be compatible with the networks, but they tell me not.

Unfortunately, we won't be able to help you without some information about what sort of data format these two services are expecting.  WeatherCat can upload to services like AWEKAS using a file that might be similar to the files that Weather Display was using.  There is more information on the WeatherCat Wiki:

http://wiki.trixology.com/index.php/Automatic_Weather_Map_System_(AWEKAS)

If what these services need is a text file with weather data, odds are very good WeatherCat can produce such a file.  However, we would need to know the expected format in order to give you any hints on how to go about it.

Cheers, Edouard

Alan Rowley

• Strong Breeze
    • D3696
    • INOTTING15
    • Selston Weather
  • Station Details: Weather station: Davis Vantage Pro2. Software: WeatherCat. Computer: Mac Mini, High Sierra OS
Re: European / UK Weather Network
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 11:33:08 PM »
Edouard,

If you go to this link and click on any of the 'stickertags' examples, you will see what is required.

ALAN.

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 10:05:01 AM »
In the WeatherCat distribution, go to /Web Templates/UKWN, the template is in there. Either add it to your normal custom web run or add it as an additional file (if you want it processed at a different rate to the normal custom web run).

Alan Rowley

• Strong Breeze
    • D3696
    • INOTTING15
    • Selston Weather
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2015, 11:10:04 AM »
File uploaded and waiting for UKWN admin to tell me it works.

How do I get the European Weather Network to accept the data? The site is still saying that the temperature has flatlined.

ALAN.

UPDATE: Data now being uploaded to the UKWN.