Author Topic: Awekas  (Read 6896 times)

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
How do you have your WeatheCat folders setup? (Re: Awekas)
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2016, 03:24:28 AM »
Dear Jeanna, John, and WeatherCat welcoming committee.

Hello everyone! New poster here with a major issue uploading to AWEKAS

Well since it is your first post, you nonetheless deserve a . . .

Welcome to the WeatherCat forum!

Once you get past this crisis, please do consider introducing yourself to the rest of us on this thread:

http://athena.trixology.com/index.php?board=8.0

Have template file from WIKI downloaded and renamed and in correct place. However, the data sent to AWEKAS works only ONCE...then just resends the same data over and over and never updates. WHAT in heaven's name am i missing?
i have tried just about everything and am ready to cry!!

If you followed the Wiki entry, you might have overlooked some of the mechanics associated with how WeatherCat handles web templates.  The process is described in the current WeatherCat manual starting on page 98.  Keep in mind you need to have two folders to make WeatherCat generate updated templates.  The templates are in a "source" folder.  What is actually uploaded to the web server is in a destination folder.  You can choose the folders using the dialog box that appears on page 103 of the current manual.

Because this can be confusing I recommend that you have naming convention to keep track of the various files.  Here is the convention I use:

WC Custom Web Templates = the folder where I keep templates that form my actual weather website.

WC Custom Upload Templates = the folder where I keep additional files (like the awekas_wl.html file.)  This allows me to upload to AWEKAS more rapidly than I upload my to my website.  However, this does require me to have 3 folders than the 2 mentioned above.

WC Custom Web = the folder were WeatherCat puts all the post-processed files where the web tags have been replaced by actual data.  It is from here that WeatherCat will upload the files to your FTP server.

If you use a convention like this, you may find it easier to keep track of which files go where.  I keep all these three folder within another central folder, but that's simply one way to arrange things.

I hope that helps you make sense of the way WeatherCat processes these files in general.  By all means feel free to ask additional questions.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: Awekas
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2016, 03:29:00 AM »
Jenna:

Welome to the WeatherCat Forum. We all started out knowing nothing and now we know something, so it's ok to ask questions. Edouard's great response should help you make sure your AWEKAS file is in the right place for processing.
Blick

jennajon

• Gentle Breeze
    • FW2882
    • KMEGLENB7
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus With FARS, Solar and UV sensors, MAC 27 in. Retina, WeatherCat vers. 3.05 build 27
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2016, 12:34:22 PM »
 [cheer]   [cheer]     [cheer]

Well! i used your template to test and ITS WORKING!!!!!!!!!  ;D  Have now changed to Imperial template and hoping for same results!

i owe YOU a pint Sir!  [cheers1]

Thank you so much John from the bottom of my heart!   [cheer]

testmatch

• Gentle Breeze
    • EW7347
    • IENGLAND665
    • Dunchurch Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus, Mac mini
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2016, 09:04:57 PM »
Fabulous - it's a great feeling, isn't it, Jenna?  [woohoo]

I see your AWEKAS trace has settled down after a temperature blip and looks to be reporting continuously now.

And I'll have a pint of Knob Creek Bourbon, please.  8)

(yes, I have spent time working in various bits of the US in a previous life)

John

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Glad you are uploading now. (Re: Awekas)
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2016, 11:14:41 PM »
Glad you are back in business Jenna! [tup]

As Blick has already said, if you have any other questions that what this forum is for and why the regulars check in every day.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]