Author Topic: Awekas  (Read 6896 times)

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Awekas
« on: February 22, 2015, 10:07:57 PM »
Will one of you WeatherCatters who is uploading to Awekas please share with me how you are doing that? Do you have a template you can share? Any tips, etc?

Thanks.
Blick

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
Re: Awekas
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 01:38:51 AM »
Hi Blick
 It works just like the realtimegaugesWC.txt
You need awekas_wl,html file for the cat to process
after it is processed and uploaded to your site
then you have to direct their site to yours

You have to generate the datafile (see manual here) and put it on your webpage. The AWEKAS server grab this file (set URL into your AWEKAS user profile) and convert it into database.If you use Weather Link IP set Davis Weather Link IP username into AWEKAS user form.

see attached before and after

cheers [cheers1]

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 04:42:19 AM »
If you use Weather Link IP set Davis Weather Link IP username [/color]into AWEKAS user form.

Thanks for the info Randall. I do use the WeatherLinkIP? data logger but I do NOT upload to Weather Link, so I assume your tip does not apply to me. Correct? I don't remember having a Davis username associated with the data logger.
Blick

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 12:17:32 PM »
Hi Blick
 Then you need to use the other way like me go to their site sign up and get all the info from the forum to get set up and going using the html that I use to generate and upload to my web site.

You have to generate the datafile (see manual here) and put it on your webpage. The AWEKAS server grab this file (set URL into your AWEKAS user profile) and convert it into database

cheers  [cheers1]

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Are we organized or what! (Re: Awekas)
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 11:05:42 PM »
Dear Blick, Randall, and WeatherCat super organized types . . . . .  ;)

Will one of you WeatherCatters who is uploading to Awekas please share with me how you are doing that? Do you have a template you can share? Any tips, etc?

;) . . . .  >:(  Sufferin' succotash, shouldn't this sort of information be on the Wiki? . . . .

Oh wait . . .  :-[. . . . it already is!

http://wiki.trixology.com/index.php/Automatic_Weather_Map_System_%28AWEKAS%29

[biggrin]

Actually, it wasn't quite working right.  The link to download the WeatherCat template file wasn't working so I put my copy of the file 'awekas_wl.txt' on my trusty canebas.org server and changed the link.  I also tweaked the instructions since my version of the file is already in American (Imperial) units.

Now with those fixes, it should be good to go!  [tup]

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

P.S. Does anybody have a metric version of the 'awekas_wl.txt' handy?  It might be "mor' bett'r" to have both versions of the file available to download.

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 12:17:39 AM »
Ha ha Edouard. I saw that entry just today when I was looking for something else. Thanks for cleaning it up.
Blick

JosBaz

• Strong Breeze
    • INBRSON2
    • Weatherstation Son en Breugel, The Netherlands
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Wireless, WeatherCat on Mac OS X 10.13.6
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2015, 06:52:03 PM »
Hi Edouard, Blick, all,

Metric version of the AWEKAS datafile attached (I created this 2 years ago - there may be room for improvement)
As an example; using this will result in this on AWEKAS http://www.awekas.at/en/instrument.php?id=2818

Jos

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2015, 07:05:26 PM »
Edouard, you will need to add the two lines for solar and UV before you stick it in the Wiki.
Blick

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Running late (Re: Awekas)
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2015, 01:12:16 AM »
Dear WeatherCat gang,

It's been a crazy day and I can't get back to the Wiki.  I'll get to this tomorrow.

Cheers, Edouard

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
Updates completed. (Re: Awekas)
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2015, 12:22:17 AM »
Dear Jos, Blick, and WeatherCat data upload addicts,

Okay, I got my act together and added the metric template with the correction for Solar and UV.  I also asked our resident AWEKAS expert Tony to take a look to make sure I didn't screw anything up in the revisions.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

jennajon

• Gentle Breeze
    • FW2882
    • KMEGLENB7
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus With FARS, Solar and UV sensors, MAC 27 in. Retina, WeatherCat vers. 3.05 build 27
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2016, 04:53:49 PM »
Hello everyone! New poster here with a major issue uploading to AWEKAS

Have template file from WIKI downloaded and renamed and in correct place. However, the data sent to AWEKAS works only ONCE...then just resends the same data over and over and never updates. WHAT in heaven's name am i missing?
i have tried just about everything and am ready to cry!!

Any help, suggestions, hammers to forehead would be appreciated!  [banghead]

---Jenna

Thanks.

testmatch

• Gentle Breeze
    • EW7347
    • IENGLAND665
    • Dunchurch Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus, Mac mini
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2016, 06:45:18 PM »

i have tried just about everything and am ready to cry!!

Welcome, Jenna,

I too have been driven to tears by getting the AWEKAS to work at times, but sadly it doesn't solve the problem.  :-[

Since it appears on AWEKAS, it looks as though you've solved all the problems I had when I joined - so that's a really good start.

It sounds as though the problem lies with the WeatherCat upload. Can you give us a bit of information about that? For example, have you set things up along the lines of p132 of the manual at http://data.trixology.com/downloads/WeatherCatUserManual.pdf ?

Or have you set it up as on page 103-106 (as in the UKWN example)?

I have mine set to upload the AWEKAS file in that second way, along with several other files, every five minutes - although AWEKAS only read it every fifteen minutes or so. You can see that file at http://www.dunchurchweather.co.uk/awekas_wl.html and my AWEKAS page is at http://www.awekas.at/en/instrument.php?id=12700

Does any of that help? Feel free to give us links to your page and AWEKAS, and some more details of your settings.

And welcome, once again, from another relative newcomer.  :)

John

jennajon

• Gentle Breeze
    • FW2882
    • KMEGLENB7
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus With FARS, Solar and UV sensors, MAC 27 in. Retina, WeatherCat vers. 3.05 build 27
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2016, 09:03:51 PM »
HI there John and thank you for your response:

i originally set up the whole process as outlined at http://wiki.trixology.com/index.php/Automatic_Weather_Map_System_(AWEKAS); and using the txt files included there. Once renamed to .html and added to the HTML source file, it would upload to AWEKAS ONCE with the current information, and then just continue to upload the same information over and over, never updating to the current conditions.

There were no errors, no uploading issues or anything else; except of course the same information showing at AWEKAS. Test button at AWEKAS also showed correct *when transmitted* information into each of the buckets.

This one has me completely stumped.  [banghead]  Your help would be appreciated greatly!  www.jonteaux.com is my website. AWEKAS is: http://www.awekas.at/en/instrument.php?id=10077&tempeh=f

---Jenna

testmatch

• Gentle Breeze
    • EW7347
    • IENGLAND665
    • Dunchurch Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus, Mac mini
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2016, 10:09:07 PM »
Once renamed to .html and added to the HTML source file, it would upload to AWEKAS ONCE with the current information, and then just continue to upload the same information over and over, never updating to the current conditions.

Thanks Jenna - I've found your website Status page, and that suggests the AWEKAS file should be at http://jonteaux.com/weather28/uploadWC/awekas_wl.html - but I can't see it there. Can you give the link to it please?

I'm curious to see the contents just to check as there seem to me to be two options:

1.) WeatherCat isn't calculating and/or uploading the updated file to your site, or
2.) AWEKAS is 'stuck'

I suffered from the second point for around 24 hours last month. Despite AWEKAS showing no problems in its test, and the file updating properly, it refused to show new data, giving a trace that looks very much like yours. I even registered on their forum to ask about it, but my message disappeared into their moderation system and hasn't emerged! The problem went away the following day, so I'm none the wiser.

In case the problem is the first point, I've attached the AWEKAS file WeatherCat processes for me. Since I'm on the metric side of the pond, it won't be the same as the one you're using, but yours should look very similar until the last few lines.

Is that like the one in your WeatherCat 'Set HTML source' folder in the Custom Web preferences?

It should then be converted into a version with the data and placed into the 'Set Save Path' folder in the same preferences. Mine becomes http://www.dunchurchweather.co.uk/awekas_wl.html just before uploading.

Is that making any sense?

Or am I missing your point?

John

jennajon

• Gentle Breeze
    • FW2882
    • KMEGLENB7
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2016, 12:28:55 AM »
Oi John!! Up late burning the midnight oil eh?

Here is the file i was using for the template, put side by side next to yours i already see differences. And yes, it was placed in my Set HTML source folder. Anything in the Set Save Path folder should be uploaded to the uploadWC file via FTP. Because it is getting late, i will set this all up again and test once again tomorrow morning and post results. Perhaps what i need to do is find the imperial version of the one you are using, or edit the one i have to match?

Thanks so much for your help. [blush] i feel like such a noob.

---jenna