Author Topic: WeatherCat Scripts of 2013-12-01  (Read 89347 times)

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Try making your own application (Re: WeatherCat Scripts of 2013-12-01)
« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2015, 01:08:39 AM »
Howdy Steve and WeatherCat scripters,

OK, I've screwed something up and can't recall how to fix it...

;) . . . Good, when you remember how to fix please it let me know how you did it - because I wish I had good fix for this! . . .   [banghead]

Everything works except the WC Applescript Tags processor, upon which several other scripts rely.

Honestly, I think this is Apple's gatekeeper trying to save you from yourself.  Try downloading the file WC AppleScript Tags Processor.scptd and see if you can open that with the Script Editor.  I would expect that to work.  If it does, then save it as an Application on your computer.  Since you made it, it should allow you to run what you created.  I hope that will solve your problem.

If that doesn't work see if you can open up the file that purely the AppleScript: WC AppleScript Tags Processor.scpt.  If that one opens, you have a problem, there are some strings that need to be added because I made an attempt to make these AppleScripts localizable in other languages.  If you have no option but the pure script file, I'll explain to you how to add the language string files.

One of these days I really need to get on the Apple developer program, but this isn't the time still.

Cheers, Edouard

Bull Winkus

• Storm
    • EW0095
    • KARHORSE2
    • WU for Horseshoe Bend, Arkansas
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless Vantage Pro 2, iMac 24"
Re: WeatherCat Scripts of 2013-12-01
« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2015, 03:54:35 AM »
Just a quick question, Steve. Did you try to restore it from Time Machine?
Herb

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2015, 03:43:42 PM »
How about : WC AppleScript Tags Processor prefs.scpt

cheers

[cheers1]

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #78 on: November 19, 2015, 06:18:47 PM »
Just a quick question, Steve. Did you try to restore it from Time Machine?

How about : WC AppleScript Tags Processor prefs.scpt
Prefs are fine, the problem is with the application.

Honestly, I think this is Apple's gatekeeper trying to save you from yourself.  Try downloading the file WC AppleScript Tags Processor.scptd and see if you can open that with the Script Editor.  I would expect that to work.  If it does, then save it as an Application on your computer.  Since you made it, it should allow you to run what you created.  I hope that will solve your problem.

Yep, that fixed it. That's what I was thinking was already available in the AS package, as we ran into this a long time ago. Maybe that was one you sent me directly. I still needed to option-open it since it said it wasn't a signed application, but after than it's still running and not bouncing, and seems to be sending the correct data now.

Thanks again, Edouard, for these awesome bits of AppleScript that make WeatherCat so much more capable and flexible! I don't know that I would have been as enthusiastic about WC this long if it hadn't been for the things I can do with your scripts. Thank you!

Steve
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Really need a new release and rain! (Re: WeatherCat Scripts of 2013-12-01)
« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2015, 12:08:06 AM »
Howdy Herb, Randall, Steve, and WeatherCat scripters,

Honestly, I think this is Apple's gatekeeper trying to save you from yourself.  . . . .

Yep, that fixed it. That's what I was thinking was already available in the AS package, as we ran into this a long time ago. Maybe that was one you sent me directly. I still needed to option-open it since it said it wasn't a signed application, but after than it's still running and not bouncing, and seems to be sending the correct data now.

Phew!

I know these poor scripts are in desperate need of some attention, but this just isn't the time!

Thanks again, Edouard, for these awesome bits of AppleScript that make WeatherCat so much more capable and flexible! I don't know that I would have been as enthusiastic about WC this long if it hadn't been for the things I can do with your scripts. Thank you!

Well, your welcome but alas I just cannot seem to keep ahead of all the other things I need to do so long as I have to take care of things outside.  What I really need is for all this El Ni?o hype to turn into a long period of rain.  [rain2]  If I'm stuck in the house, it will be a lot easier to work on these scripts once more!

Cheers, Edouard

Randall75

• Storm
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2015, 01:02:08 PM »
Hi Edouard
 If I come and steal the wagon will that give you more  [biggrin]

cheers

[cheers1]

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
Request denied!! (Re: WeatherCat Scripts of 2013-12-01)
« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2015, 10:25:09 PM »
Dear Randall and WeatherCat fans of old television, . . .

If I come and steal the wagon will that give you more  [biggrin]

[biggrin] . . . In the voice of colonel Klink of the old Hogan's Heroes TV program:  "Request Denied!!" . . .  [lol2]

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
Another interference . . . (Re: WeatherCat Scripts of 2013-12-01)
« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2016, 10:46:07 PM »
Dear WeatherCat fans of my AppleScripts, . . . .

Ever wonder why I can't ever seem to find any time to work on these AppleScripts anymore?

Does this answer your question!

We are headed for the first significant dry spell in a while and guess what shows up looking for dinner!

When it comes to yard work, if I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all . . . . .  [banghead]

Grumble, grumble, grumble . . . . Edouard

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
Odd problem with WC Storm Monitor (Re: WeatherCat Scripts of 2013-12-01)
« Reply #83 on: May 08, 2016, 11:14:05 PM »
Dear WeatherCat Scripters,

Quite mysteriously, my WC Storm Monitor  AppleScript stopped all reporting.  All Growl notifications, emails, and even log file entries stopped for actual weather events.  That AppleScript uses a single handler for all weather related information displays.  The information for launching and quitting the AppleScript was working fine.  So it seemed likely it was that handler that was to blame.  I noticed that I had forgotten to clear one variable as a "global."  This isn't strictly necessary because AppleScript is a loosely typed language and the variable in question was indeed global - it wasn't declared locally in the handler.

Adding the global declaration caused the handler to start working once more and today we got a 0.01" of rain that the AppleScript now properly reported.  So if anyone is still using this AppleScript and has it mysteriously stop working, let me know - I have the fix.

Cheers, Edouard

Randall75

• Storm
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
« Reply #84 on: May 08, 2016, 11:39:44 PM »
Hi Edouard
 Mine did about a week ago to get it running again I had to delete and reinstall all of it but still a can't divide by zero error

cheers
 [cheers1]

So what is the fix

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
Which script is giving error? (Re: WeatherCat Scripts of 2013-12-01)
« Reply #85 on: May 09, 2016, 11:08:07 PM »
Dear Randall and WeatherCat scripters,

Mine did about a week ago to get it running again I had to delete and reinstall all of it but still a can't divide by zero error

Which script is giving you a divide by zero error - WC Storm Monitor?   Does it happen when you first launch it or later on?  If you give me a little more info perhaps I can figure out what is going wrong.

Cheers, Edouard