WeatherCat > WeatherCat Integration

MOVIE$ - Makes multiple .mov

(1/2) > >>

beachboy:
I have "Create Daily Movies" checked on the "Webcam" tab and am getting a new .mov created every hour in app support (see attachment), Is this expected behavior? Because of some Mac crashes I have not yet run a full day but I expected (possibly Incorrectly) to have each new .jpg appended.

xairbusdriver:
Yes, that's exactly what should be happening. ;)

Note the figures at the end of each file name except for the last one. "_00_19" is the time WC crated the first mov file of the day: 19 minutes after midnight. "_01_09" = 1:09 am and so on. The current file without those figures/numbers, is the file under construction. The image you posted shows that it will become the "WeatherCat..._15_09.mov". All this happens according to your settings on WC Prefs.

If you'll check The Manual (pages 174 -176 has all the details ThU32:-) ), you will also find that you can set the time for how long these .mov files are kept. This allows you to avoid filling your hard drive with past .mov files. :)

beachboy:
Thanks! I'll work with it and see how it goes.

xairbusdriver:
Great! I know it looks like a lot of space being used, but it only uses up to the max amount you ask for and then pretty much stops growing. :)

I have my prefs set to save a weeks worth of movies, I have no idea why I chose that! [rolleyes2] I'm two layzy too edit mye speling...  [banghead] [blush]

beachboy:
I've changed my capture interval to 2 min. rather than 30 Min. and that makes more sense.

Also -  Does anyone have thoughts on a good format for Windows/IE? I'm trying to do (a simple) automation using ffmpeg for my Windows users. .mp4 and .avi don't seem to have the quality of .mov.

Thanks again

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version