Author Topic: Meteotemplate  (Read 137994 times)

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
  • Station Details: WH1080
Re: Meteotemplate
« Reply #105 on: September 30, 2016, 07:37:32 PM »
Im not a big fan of SteelSeries gauges so I didnt use them in Meteotemplate.

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #106 on: September 30, 2016, 08:03:28 PM »
No problem at all!

Another thing:
I told the template to use the yrNO forecast as default, but it is only displayed when I choose it from the pulldown menu. Screenshots attached.
Reinhard

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #107 on: September 30, 2016, 08:07:20 PM »
Hi,
it is most likely because of the unusual symbols in the url

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #108 on: September 30, 2016, 08:17:45 PM »
Really? I can choose yrno and then I get the forecast displayed:
Reinhard

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #109 on: September 30, 2016, 10:53:07 PM »
OK so based on the screenshot I guess it is now working.

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #110 on: September 30, 2016, 11:51:14 PM »
Great! So WCat is now officially supported and working!

Once you understand how the blocks and plugins work it will be very easy, they all work in the same way. Also, since version 8 it is all much easier, because everything is done directly via GUI Meteotemplate control panel rather than having to go and make changes in the actual code.

Cool, I'll add it to the news ticker  [tup]

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
« Reply #111 on: October 02, 2016, 03:35:41 PM »
Hello,

is there anybody else except me using Meteotemplate in connection with WeatherCat? If so, post your URL to the template.  :)
Curious minds want to know how others designed their templates...  [computer]

Cheers,
Reinhard

idunn

• Strong Breeze
  • name: idunn
    • icantono2
    • Magpie Hill
  • Station Details: WS1080, iMac 10.9.5, Canon Powershot A510 zoomed with gphoto2, located at 950m in Gross Switzerland, Webcam view SE to Alps on magpie-hill.com on WeatherCloud (MagpieHill) and Wunderground (ID icantono2)
« Reply #112 on: October 02, 2016, 03:53:28 PM »

Hi All
And curious oldies want to know how to get started with Meteotemplate. A step by step recipe please, including how to handle the upload to GoDaddy.
Regards,  Irving

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #113 on: October 02, 2016, 04:11:45 PM »
Here you have it - step by step guide, make sure you read it carefully, it explains you how to install and use it

http://www.meteotemplate.com/web/wiki/wiki1GB.php

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
« Reply #114 on: October 02, 2016, 04:12:56 PM »
Hello Irving,

there is no step-by-step thing available but a Wiki that will fill a book. So settle down, relaxe and begin to read...  ThU5:-)

[cheers1]

UPDATE: Jachym was faster...  :)
Reinhard

Felix

• Gale
  • Station Details: Davis VP-2 Plus, FARS, WeatherLink IP. Sharx cams.
« Reply #115 on: October 02, 2016, 10:31:33 PM »

A step by step recipe please, including how to handle the upload to GoDaddy.

Irving, if you haven't gotten to Jachym's FAQ yet, you'll be amazed at the lengths he's willing to go to to assist "curious oldies" who may not even understand the terminology in his Wiki:

Q: "I read the entire wiki, but I feel completely lost and have no idea where and how to begin. Can you help?

A: Yes I can, I have in fact done this many times. Given that and also the fact I developed this whole thing, it is relatively easy for me to install it and also spot any potential problems. Just drop me an email and I will assist you or install the whole thing for you should you wish. This also applies if you do not speak English. I don't speak it, but I do understand French and German as well, so you can send me email in that language (though you will get a reply in English :-) and if you speak yet another language, then just simply try Google Translator and hopefully I will get the point :-)"

Now I'll wager you've never before had such an offer from a developer, even one who says his labor of love is merely a hobby.

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #116 on: October 02, 2016, 11:16:25 PM »
LOL, just installing one template :D

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #117 on: October 02, 2016, 11:36:29 PM »
Irving, based on my experience (installing the template at least 100 times), the ideal way of doing it is this (and dont worry I have worked with ppl who have never heard about FTP).

1. you need hosting and you need to set up the mySQL database in your webhosting control panel - you should be able to do this yourself, if not, I can help you with this, but I would need your login details to your webhosting
2. I upload the files and prepare the template to default setting - I can do this and you dont have to know how I did it , since you only do this once at the begininng
3. we set it up together (location, station type, design theme, language etc.) based on your preferences
4. I show you how to install a block and plugin - I could of course do it myself too, but... first of all it is really simple once you learn how to do it and second, I can help you with the template, but I often release new blocks and plugins and obviously I cannot then install each one to hundreds of users. So I show you how to do one or two and then you will be able to do it yourself, since version 8 almost everything is done exclusively via GUI, no need to go to the code

If you are interested in this, send me an email. Ideally we could discuss things on Skype.

Alan Rowley

• Strong Breeze
  • It is far better to wear out than to rust away.
    • D3696
    • INOTTING15
    • Selston Weather
  • Station Details: Weather station: Davis Vantage Pro2. Software: WeatherCat. Computer: Mac Mini, High Sierra OS
« Reply #118 on: October 03, 2016, 10:00:35 AM »
Hi jachym,

I am slowing installing the template using Weather Underground data as an alternative to my main site which uses the Saratoga template.

I have encountered a problem with the template's all time temperature statistics page at the link below ...

http://www.selstonweather.info/meteo/pages/station/climateT.php

The statistics only pull data from 2016, whereas the other all time statistics display the correct information.

Also, the 'all time max' entry displays all of the occurrences of the high temperature, despite them being only minutes apart. This would be better if it only displayed the first occurrence of the high temperature if it occurred on the same day.

Apart from that, I'm enjoying installing the template and the different features it contains. Great work.

ALAN.

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #119 on: October 03, 2016, 11:26:52 AM »
Hi Alan,
the scripts all use the same code, the reason for this is most likely because the data is cached. Once a year is complete it is saved and information prior to that no longer analyzed to make things faster.

Eg - if you run the script for the very first time, it analyzes everything and caches it. Next time it only looks at what was added since the cache was created and adds this info to the cache. My guess is that you ran this page before you imported the other years, so it created a cache from just 2016 and now when you run it, it only updates it with info since the cache was created.

Use the control panel to clear the station data cache.