Author Topic: Steel Gauges  (Read 224362 times)

jf-i2r

• Strong Breeze
  • Station Details: vantage pro2 wireless with solar sensor ; weatherlink-ip ;mac mini 1,6ghz 2go ram El Capitan
Re: Steel Gauges
« Reply #180 on: April 23, 2013, 06:54:00 PM »
hi

[bounce]

counter           : 60,                     //download data counter (secs, default 60)

i think you must setup every 15s or 30s

1mn is too long

cheers
jean frederic

Toremann

• Gentle Breeze
  • Station Details: at the moment at WS2080 testing out on a imac
« Reply #181 on: April 24, 2013, 07:05:35 AM »
Hello Friends

Everything seems to work perfect now..

But i wander? is it possible to resize the whole side  so it will fit into a Joomla site as a external html tag.
As it is now it way to deep and wide , so i need to scroll bout ways to see all the gauges

As you may understand i a am a newbie to html programing

Have a great day [cheers1]

jf-i2r

• Strong Breeze
  • Station Details: vantage pro2 wireless with solar sensor ; weatherlink-ip ;mac mini 1,6ghz 2go ram El Capitan
« Reply #182 on: April 24, 2013, 09:35:59 AM »
hi

perhaps with a

<iframe src="/gauges-ss-basic.htm" frameborder="0" height="xxxx" scrolling="no" width="xxxx"></iframe>

but i'm a bad html programmer :)

cheers

bonzo

• Calm
  • Station Details: Looking for some help to get SteelSeries working with Weathersnoop!
« Reply #183 on: May 03, 2013, 10:29:53 PM »
Hi, New member of the forum here!

I'm working with a friend of mine who has a station that he's using with Weathersnoop, it's currently uploading the stats to Wunderground and he's got the Rapid Fire widget on his website.

I boldly told him that I could find a better way of showing the world what the weather was doing from his website (which is based on Wordpress).

So, I found the gorgeous SteelSeries. and have downloaded (from sandaysoft).

You know what's coming next!...

So, looking at the Saratoga Weather site I can see that someone has created a plug-in (WSN-plugin) for that template that, if I'm not mistaken, takes the json file that Weathersnoop can upload to a web server and then converts it into a format that the Steelseries template scripts can understand. Because I am trying to get this working in Wordpress I just first want to create a standalone html page which I can then afterwards figure out how to get it into Wordpress...

I have the Steelseries downloaded and can see static dials, but I cannot figure out what I need to do to get the scripts to call the WSNplugin so that the data will get converted. In fact, I'm not even sure whether this plug-in will work in a standalone environment as their seems to be mention of an intermediate format (WX).

Any help very much appreciated!

Whoops! I've just realised that this is a forum for Weathercat users and I've just perhaps put the cat amongst the pigeons! Apologies if this is the wrong place...

saratogaWX

• Strong Breeze
  • Weather website programming enthusiast
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
  • Station Details: Davis VP1 +, iMAC 21, OSX 10.6.8
« Reply #184 on: May 04, 2013, 01:19:00 AM »
'Tis true, this is a WeatherCat forum  :-X

But, as the author of the WSN-plugin for WeatherSnoop and the Saratoga template set, I fear that WeatherSnoop for all its beauty does not emit sufficient data in the two files it can upload to drive the SteelSeries gauges .. better your friend should switch to WeatherCat.

Of the 10 software packages supported in the Saratoga template set, WeatherSnoop is in last place for number of weather tags available for upload -- even yesterday data is missing :(

Best regards,
Ken
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis Vantage Pro Plus - FARS, Boltek-PCI/NexStorm, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteohub, WeatherSnoop, WeatherCat
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #185 on: May 04, 2013, 09:04:23 AM »
...better your friend should switch to WeatherCat...

Agreed :)

bonzo

• Calm
  • Station Details: Looking for some help to get SteelSeries working with Weathersnoop!
« Reply #186 on: May 04, 2013, 11:30:57 AM »
Thanks for the heads up. He hasn't seen the steelseries gauges yet so I'll present him with a preview - it might drive him to move over to WC...

mcrossley

• Gale
  • Sorry, I'm not a WeatherCat user!
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 + home brew
« Reply #187 on: May 19, 2013, 12:02:37 AM »
Version 2.3.1 of the gauges is available. A number of fixes in this release so I suggest everyone takes a look at it. At a minimum please update your copy of the steelseries library script files, the previous versions cause a script crash in Firefox v21+ if you use the following gauge frame types:
  • Black Metal
  • Shiny Metal
  • Chrome

http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/SteelSeries_Gauges
Mark

JosBaz

• Strong Breeze
    • INBRSON2
    • Weatherstation Son en Breugel, The Netherlands
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Wireless, WeatherCat on Mac OS X 10.13.6
« Reply #188 on: May 19, 2013, 09:09:32 AM »
Thank you!

This is working for me now, although (FYI, as it may help others) I had to make some additional changes compared to the Wiki 'Option 2' instructions.
In my case my WC directory is not the root directory on my website, i.e. all WC data goes into a subdirectory (http://www.weerenmeer.nl/wxi/)

So the additional changes I had to make to gauges.js were:
Change line 19 was changed to:   '/subdirectory/',
Change line 43 to:  '/subdirectory/realtimegaugesWC.txt'

So for the gauges I now go to: http://www.weerenmeer.nl/wxi/steel/gauges-ss-basic.htm

[EDIT: hmm.. pop-up graphs not working yet]

Jos

JosBaz

• Strong Breeze
    • INBRSON2
    • Weatherstation Son en Breugel, The Netherlands
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Wireless, WeatherCat on Mac OS X 10.13.6
« Reply #189 on: May 19, 2013, 10:33:43 AM »
I was declaring victory too soon.  :-[

I can see the gauges, but there is no automatic update of the page (countdown is always '0') and the pop-up images are not working. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with how I set up my website:

The site is: http://www.weerenmeer.nl
Weathercat sits is http://www.weerenmeer.nl/wxi/
Steel Gauges go into: http://www.weerenmeer.nl/wxi/steel/gauges-ss-basic.htm

I've edited the gauges.js as in my previous post (before changing this the gauges were not even visible). The images are uploaded by WC to the /wxi/ directory.

Any ideas or tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Jos

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #190 on: May 19, 2013, 01:10:39 PM »
I also updated to the latest version, and the same thing happening to me...  :-[ : No automatic update, counter stays at "0", no popup images.

Cheers,
Reinhard
Reinhard

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #191 on: May 19, 2013, 02:08:15 PM »
Update: Also the windrose stays blank till I change the settings from a unit to another (km/h to mph or vice versa, see windrose before and after). The popup images I can make visible to the gauges in the first row when changing In/Out, Dewpoint/Apparent/Windchill...(see temp before/after). But after I force a reload of the page, all images are gone and the windrose is blank again. Automatic reload is not working, counter stays at "0".
Reinhard

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
« Reply #192 on: May 19, 2013, 03:30:47 PM »
Update#2: Went back to V2.3.0 with the same issues until I changed the realtimegaugesWC.txt (the one that is processed by WeatherCat) to the one distributed in V2.3.0 - now V2.3.0 is working as before. Don't understand it quite enough. All in all I was not able to make V2.3.1 work well, not even with the text file from V2.3.0 - so I will stay at V2.3.0 at the moment.  :)

Cheers,
Reinhard
Reinhard

mcrossley

• Gale
  • Sorry, I'm not a WeatherCat user!
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 + home brew
« Reply #193 on: May 19, 2013, 05:01:27 PM »
Oh dear! :( Can someone out up a demo page of 2.3.1 with it failing so I can take a look?
Mark

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
« Reply #194 on: May 19, 2013, 05:17:35 PM »
Here you are: Testpage of V2.3.1 (only available via this thread, not linked directly in my weather site!)
(I think you can see the same results in the link within the first post after your announcement, posted from JosBaz.)

Cheers,
Reinhard
Reinhard