Author Topic: Steel Gauges  (Read 224563 times)

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
Re: Steel Gauges
« Reply #360 on: January 15, 2016, 07:17:30 PM »
Thanks for the info, Mark. I done it from 2.5.8 to 2.5.11 - every thing OK so far I oversee this.

Thanks again,
Reinhard
Reinhard

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #361 on: January 15, 2016, 11:57:04 PM »
Hey Guys:

I am trying to upgrade from 2.5.8 to 2.5.11 and ran into a problem that I cannot figure out. I double checked the edits I made to each file but I can't find anything that looks wrong.

I can't load the gauges. I do have a debugger error on line 424 of my gauges.js file that says:

Undefined in not an object (evaluating 'config.tipImgs[0...

If I point my site back to my 2.5.8 folder, it works great. Will one of you please take a look at my site and see if you can see what I did that I should not have, or what I should that I didn't?

I am running 2.5.8 here: http://timberlakesutah.com/weather/

and 2.5.11 here: http://timberlakesutah.com/weather-gauges-explained/

Thanks.
Blick

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #362 on: January 16, 2016, 10:07:27 AM »
Hi Blick,

all I can say is that Firefox's Web Developer / Web Console says something like:
Code: [Select]
Stylesheet http://timberlakesutah.com/weather-gauges-explained/# wurde nicht geladen, weil sein MIME-Typ, "text/html", nicht "text/css" ist.Means: Stylesheet xxx can't be loaded because the MIME-Type is text/html instead of text/css.

Maybe it has something to do with it?

I upgraded to 2.5.11 by only replacing the gauges.js file (this is the only one that is changed). In there be shure to make your edits as you made them in the 2.5.8 gauges.js file.

Hope this helps a bit.

Cheers,
Reinhard
Reinhard

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #363 on: January 16, 2016, 03:52:14 PM »
In Safari, that error message is:

Did not parse stylesheet at 'http://timberlakesutah.com/weather-gauges-explained/' because non CSS MIME types are not allowed in strict mode.

I'm hoping Mark can tell me what is happening here. I could go back 2.5.8 and just change the gauges.js like you did, but I'm not sure what other changes he made in the rest of the files.
Blick

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
« Reply #364 on: January 16, 2016, 06:46:22 PM »
Blick,

take a look at this site https://github.com/mcrossley/SteelSeries-Weather-Gauges/ and you will see that there are no changes aside of gauges.js.

Reinhard
Reinhard

mcrossley

• Gale
  • Sorry, I'm not a WeatherCat user!
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 + home brew
« Reply #365 on: January 16, 2016, 07:14:39 PM »
Hi Blick, you have an error at line 269 in gauges.js

When you edited the file names it looks like you accidentally deleted the comma from the end of line...
is
                    ['customgraph7.jpg', 'customgraph8.jpg']             // Temperature: outdoor, indoor
should be
                    ['customgraph7.jpg', 'customgraph8.jpg'],             // Temperature: outdoor, indoor
Mark

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #366 on: January 16, 2016, 07:56:26 PM »
Mark:

Thanks for taking the time to find that. I am somewhat of an eejit and appreciate you getting me properly sorted. Steelseries gauges are working fine now.

I still have the one remaining error that has something to do with the CSS file:

Safari: Did not parse stylesheet at 'http://timberlakesutah.com/weather-gauges-explained/' because non CSS MIME types are not allowed in strict mode.

Firefox: Stylesheet xxx can't be loaded because the MIME-Type is text/html instead of text/css.

Do you have any insight into that?
Blick

mcrossley

• Gale
  • Sorry, I'm not a WeatherCat user!
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 + home brew
« Reply #367 on: January 16, 2016, 08:20:48 PM »
It looks like the following line is the culprit (nothing to do with the gauges ;) )...
<link rel="stylesheet" id="style_selector_ss" href="#" />

I have no idea what that is intended to do, it seems to serve no purpose (nor does the empty style declaration above it on the previous two lines).

A <link> normally points to an external resource (most often used to load a style sheet), but this just points to '#' - the top of the current document. As a stylesheet document is not returned by the server it will default to a 'text/html' type, which does not match the "rel" declaration - hence the browser warning.

It is just a warning message and can be ignored (if you're not too fussy like me  [computer]).
Mark

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #368 on: January 16, 2016, 08:27:00 PM »
OK. Thanks for the explanation. I'll stop worry about it. Although it was not occurring in my 2.5.8 files, so if I get bored I'll see if I can see what else, if anything might be different in those two files. It is likely another errant edit on my part.

Mark, the WeatherCatters that use Steelseries Gauges sure appreciate your support. We know you don't use WeatherCat yourself and we are grateful to you for going the extra mile to help us out.
Blick

marzio2515

• Gentle Breeze
    • IMARCHEU3
  • Station Details: WeaherHawk 600 series
Steel Gauges RefreshRate
« Reply #369 on: February 07, 2016, 04:24:34 PM »
Hi there!

i was able to properly install and configure SteelSeries Guages template but i would like to have the Gauges changes/update with more frequencies...

WeatherCat upload the realtime json file every 10secs about, my station send new data every 10 secs and in gauges.js file i set the refresh rate in 10 secs...

everythings seems to work .. but the Gauges Pointer changes sometime every 30secs some other time even more ...  ( it seems like there would be some delay....)

so what can it depend from??...

are there some other parameters to check in the gauges.js file or some other file??

Thanks in advance...
Marzio

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #370 on: February 08, 2016, 04:52:29 PM »
Marzio:

In the gauges.js file, at approximately line 37, you set your data upload interval in seconds. The line looks like this:

realtimeInterval  : 5,

In your file, replace the number that is in the file with 10. Do not change anything else in the line.

Then make sure WeatherCat is uploading the SteelGauges data file every 10 seconds.

If your pointers don't move every 10 seconds, the data likely did not change. I have mine set to 30 seconds and often the pointers don't change for 60 seconds or longer. This is normal when the data does not change between update intervals.
Blick

marzio2515

• Gentle Breeze
    • IMARCHEU3
  • Station Details: WeaherHawk 600 series
« Reply #371 on: February 09, 2016, 06:19:38 AM »
OK, Thanks for the reply...

i set the parameter as you said... now seems to work fine...

sure ... sometimes it tooks even 30 secs ( 3 times of 10 secs) to update but clearly it depends on weather data that doesn't change...

thanks again...

Bye

Marzio.

schwab

• Gentle Breeze
Needing Steel Gauges SetUp Help
« Reply #372 on: April 02, 2016, 05:24:32 PM »
I am using OSX 10.11.4 El Capitan to run WeatherCat Version 2.23 Build 14 (2.2.3) on a MacBookPro Early 2008.

WeatherCat runs perfectly on this setup and I upload data to www.schwab1.com weather page using the most recent USA WeatherCat Saratoga Website Templates. I prefer to use FireFox and have the latest build.

After repeated attempts I am just not able to set up the Steel Gauges properly.

I followed the instructions on the excellent site: http://wiki.trixology.com/index.php/Steel_Series_Gauges

Over the last day I have chosen both options 1 and 2 both without success.

I carefully modified the gauges.js scriptfile with TextWrangler for each option as instructed.

I currently am using option 2 with a folder named steel on my website using Filezilla(see directory attached)

My WeatherCat log file shows that I am uploading realtimegaugesWC.txt data(see log attached)

I can see SteelGauges that are not functioning at this address: http://www.schwab1.com/steel/web_server/gauges-ss-basic.htm

However, I repeatedly get 404 errors when pointing to the address that should show the operating Steel Gauges:
 http://www.schwab1.com/steel/gauges-ss-basic.htm  I have tried multiple other addresses without success.

I expect I must have a directory issue that I just cannot solve by myself and will appreciate any assistance.

Thank you for taking the time to review my setup.

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #373 on: April 02, 2016, 08:09:55 PM »
Schwab:

The key to marrying up the SteelSeries Gauges to the data is to point the data to whatever level in your file structure your data is, relative to your steel folder. You do this on line 35 in gauges.js file.

Yours currently says that your gauges are one directory level above the directory where your gauges.js is located. (./ means the data is one level above, ../ means two lives above, etc.)

Where are you uploading your data to, relative to the location of gauges.js?

I don't use the template you are using, so I don't understand the technical details, but you creat the page you are going to display the Steelseries on and then point to the

Your steel folder is currently at http://www.schwab1.com/steel/
Blick

saratogaWX

• Strong Breeze
  • Weather website programming enthusiast
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
  • Station Details: Davis VP1 +, iMAC 21, OSX 10.6.8
« Reply #374 on: April 02, 2016, 08:56:46 PM »
Your gauges page at http://www.schwab1.com/steel/web_server/gauges-ss-basic.htm is trying to find the realtimegaugesWC.txt file in the same directory (steel/web_server/) and it's really at http://www.schwab1.com/realtimegaugesWC.txt

So change http://www.schwab1.com/steel/web_server/scripts/gauges.js from
realTimeURL_WC     : './realtimegaugesWC.txt',   //*** WeatherCat Users: Change to your location of the JSON script generator *** to
realTimeURL_WC     : '../../realtimegaugesWC.txt',   //*** WeatherCat Users: Change to your location of the JSON script generator *** which will navigate two directories up to the document root where the file is, OR to
realTimeURL_WC     : '/realtimegaugesWC.txt',   //*** WeatherCat Users: Change to your location of the JSON script generator *** (which will access it from the document root of schwab1.com)
Note that in JavaScript, the absolute URL addressing means that '/' is the document root of the website, not the filesystem root of the server (which it would be for PHP scripts).

It's all about the relative directory navigation.. since your basic page is two directories down the document tree, and the data is being uploaded two directories up from there, the '../../' will cause the file to be loaded from two directories up.

Hope this helps...
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis Vantage Pro Plus - FARS, Boltek-PCI/NexStorm, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteohub, WeatherSnoop, WeatherCat
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP