Author Topic: "Storm" tab on statistics window?  (Read 2349 times)

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
"Storm" tab on statistics window?
« on: March 14, 2012, 04:03:48 PM »
Dear Stu and WeatherCat fans,

;) I don't know what's the matta' around here . .  but if things don't change, California is really going to need a plumber!!  Either the faucet is shut tight  [sun3] or it's a flood!!  [rain2]   >:(

When I went to bed last night, we were at a nice 1.5" of rain (38.1 mm)  This morning we had gotten over 1.6" of rain (40 mm)  and while I was sleeping we had picked up over a 1/2 an inch (13 mm).  All of a sudden we had gone from a nice spring storm to a real risk of flooding . . . . .  [banghead]

Which bring up my request.  I now had a real need to get the storm total out of WeatherCat.  However, I haven't implemented the web tags to do that.  It occurred to me that some folks might use WeatherCat for personal monitoring and want this sort of information without having to put up a web page to get something like storm totals and peak rates.  I could get from other statistics, but when you nervous about such things - sure would be reassuring to get at it - quickly!!

So I humbly suggest a "Storm" tab for the "Statistics page that would only appear when a storm is in progress (perhaps for a brief time afterward) and would have start time of storm and current duration,  total rainfall, peak rainfall rate, max wind gust, average wind speed and direction, high and low temperature during the storm event . . .  (what else do folks need to know about a storm in progress?)

Obviously, sort it in the "do-to" list as appropriate.  However, it might be a feature that becomes more popular is "climate instablity" becomes more of a reality . . . . . .

For your consideration . . . .   [computer]

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

P.S.  ;) The final insult . . . .   [lol]

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
Re: "Storm" tab on statistics window?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 05:28:32 PM »
Thank for the suggestion Edouard - I've added it to the list.

Cheers,
Stu.

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Thanks Stu! (Re: "Storm" tab)
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 11:54:49 PM »
Howdy Stu and WeatherCat fans,

Thank for the suggestion Edouard - I've added it to the list.

Thanks Stu!  [tup]

Sure could have used it today.  The LWC Storm Monitor notifications give an idea of how wet it has gotten around here all of a sudden:

That's the longest stretches of continuous heavy rainfall and rainfall I've ever seen with this station.  Certainly not what you expect for the middle of a drought!  :o

Thanks again,

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]