Author Topic: AppleScript users, which version of OS X are you using?  (Read 8020 times)

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
AppleScript users, which version of OS X are you using?
« on: September 13, 2014, 10:17:42 PM »
Dear WeatherCat AppleScript fans,

It appears that I should be able to make one more release of my AppleScripts without having to become an official Apple developer.  However, I'm worried that there might be AppleScript application incompatibilities across all the different versions of OS X that WeatherCat supports.  Could the folks actually using my AppleScripts (or wishing to use them soon) please chime in as to which version of OS X you are running on your Mac where you have WeatherCat?

Thanks!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

nowait

• Strong Breeze
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Wireless (Heated) on a Snow Leopard Mac Mini
Re: AppleScript users, which version of OS X are you using?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 04:33:39 PM »
My trusty old Mac Mini is running 10.6.8 which is the newest version of MacOS that it can run...

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 05:08:48 PM »
10.9.4 until the day Yosemite is released.
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Need some test scripts. (Re: AppleScript users version of OS X?)
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 10:09:57 PM »
Dear NoWait, Steve, and WeatherCat AppleScript fans,

I'll let this thread "stew" a little while longer and then I'll post of test AppleScripts to see what happens when a Mavericks created AppleScript is run on an older version of OS X.  There is a problem trying to run Snow Leopard AppleScript applications on Mavericks.  What I don't know is if Mavericks AppleScript applications are backwards compatible or not.  If they aren't . . . . I'll have to think of something . . . . .

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 04:36:10 AM »
10.9.4 whilst I wait for 10.10
Blick

Bull Winkus

• Storm
    • EW0095
    • KARHORSE2
    • WU for Horseshoe Bend, Arkansas
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless Vantage Pro 2, iMac 24"
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 04:42:57 AM »
Staying up to date on the WeatherCat Machine with 10.9.4. It's a 2011 iMac On my 2008 iMac, it's Yosemite Beta 2.
Herb

TechnoMonkey

• Strong Breeze
    • EW9323
    • KTXARANS6
    • TechnoMonkeys Weather
  • Station Details: La Crosse WS-2315 / High Sierra Server / Mac Mini 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5/ 8GB Ram / OS 120GB SSD / Home Folder 500GB FireWire / DATA 8TB RAID 5 / 1TB TIME CAPSULE
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2014, 11:37:15 PM »
I tried Lion, but after two weeks of frustration (you would think it a windoze server), I gave up and went back to Snow Leopard server. Guess I will stick with what works.

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2014, 04:37:06 AM »
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
How's the "weather" in Yosemite? . . . (Was: AppleScript users)
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2014, 10:44:36 PM »
Dear Steve and WeatherCat early adopters, . . . . 

;) . . . . . . Remember!!  You are askin' for it!!! . . . . . . 

[lol2]

Since you have made the leap, anything to report?

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2014, 01:21:33 AM »
You know me, I updated within a couple hours of it being available. I do have good, multiple backups, though.

Absolutely no problems whatsoever. The look is quite weird, but like so many visual changes before, we'll get used to it. iTunes finally got rid of the sidebar, which has been coming for a while. I wish they hadn't...

Oh, and mdflagwriter doesn't grow any more. After 24hours plus, it is just 1.2 MB. On Mavericks, it would have been 500 MB or more by now. WeatherCat seems to be using about 100 MB more than under Mavericks, though. All in all, having all the same applications running that I always do, I have a lot more free RAM than I did.

Steve
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
Thanks for the info. (Re: version of OS X are you using?)
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2014, 09:34:00 PM »
Howdy Steve and WeatherCat early adopters,

You know me, I updated within a couple hours of it being available. I do have good, multiple backups, though.

;) . . . . Well, I'm certainly glad that somebody (else) tries so I can learn from them!! . . . . [biggrin]

Absolutely no problems whatsoever. The look is quite weird, but like so many visual changes before, we'll get used to it.

Glad everything is working okay.  Sorry that Apple insists on changing things all the time.  One of these days these techies are going to have learn that sheer novelty is a waste - not a virtue.

iTunes finally got rid of the sidebar, which has been coming for a while. I wish they hadn't...

You can't bring it back by switching to the playlist view?  I have the old side bar back under Mavericks by doing that.  Although, for Pete sakes, what is this silly nonsense of changing the color of the iTunes icon!?!?!?   Nobody is going to convince that iTunes runs better in red!  [rolleyes2]

Thanks for the rest of the info and please do let us know what other surprises emerge as you get used to Yosemite.

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: Thanks for the info. (Re: version of OS X are you using?)
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2014, 10:09:57 PM »
iTunes finally got rid of the sidebar, which has been coming for a while. I wish they hadn't...

You can't bring it back by switching to the playlist view?  I have the old side bar back under Mavericks by doing that.
Indeed you can Edouard. When you select Playlists from the Music icon, your sidebar is displayed.

Nobody is going to convince that iTunes runs better in red!
Are you kidding us? Red is the new blue.
Blick

glenwood

• Gentle Breeze
    • DW7759
    • KWAGLENW2
    • Glenwood Washington Weather
  • Station Details: macOS Monterey 12.6.8 Davis Vantage Pro2: WeatherCat
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2014, 07:26:08 AM »
OS X 10.9.5  and having problems with losing WeatherCat connection. 

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2014, 01:13:43 PM »
OS X 10.9.5  and having problems with losing WeatherCat connection.

Sorry to hear that Glenwood. Go to this section of the Forum http://athena.trixology.com/index.php?board=13.0 and tell us more. Which data logger are you using and what kind of connection errors are you seeing?
Blick

glenwood

• Gentle Breeze
    • DW7759
    • KWAGLENW2
    • Glenwood Washington Weather
  • Station Details: macOS Monterey 12.6.8 Davis Vantage Pro2: WeatherCat
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2014, 09:03:35 PM »
Weathercat still keeps quitting on me.  Never know when it will happen.  Usually when I am gone for a few days.   >:(
How do I know what my data logger is?
Sorry, but I am not very knowledgeable about this.
I did manage to capture this while back up manager was working.
I am wondering why all the plug-in managers are loading?