Author Topic: Belated greetings from Welton, Brough, East Riding of Yorkshire,  (Read 4048 times)

lenticular

• Gentle Breeze
    • IBROUG5
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (Wireless)
Hi All
Sorry I've been so long in posting my introduction. Especially after all the help I got to get started.
My Name is George and I live in Welton (IWELTON4) about 44m ASL on the north east coast UK About 10 miles out of Hull, City of Culture 2017  ThU5:-)
My kit is a WS3083. It's my first proper weather station, before I've had in and out temperature and pressure which was fun but I always wanted more.

I am a Mac person so WeatherCat has been excellent to use for my weather station

I've had a number of problems with the receiver and was eventually exchanged free of charge  :)

My equipment is in a good position in the garden except for the anemometer. I'd like to position it higher as it doesn't have a clean air flow. but working on that!

I've always had an interest in the weather but it really sparked off during commercial pilot training. Having fun watching the pressure altimeter change as you get close to CB's  [woohoo]

I'm looking forward to putting a webcam on upgrading the kit as is an when I can. I also want to sort myself a web page and banner for my emails

I look forward to the blog as everyone seems very friendly and keen to help  :)

Think I've covered most things?

Oh.. "lenticular" my favourite cloud. Great to see it  ThU5:-)

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: Belated greetings from Welton, Brough, East Riding of Yorkshire,
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 03:51:30 PM »
Welcome to the WeatherCat forum George, and thanks for introducing yourself. Happy New Year, mate.
Blick

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 04:45:38 PM »
Welcome!
Reinhard

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
  • Developer of WeatherCat for iOS, tvOS, and watchOS
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2, aspirated, solar radiation, uv, soil temp and moisture
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 06:09:54 PM »
I love the world-wide scope of WeatherCat*. It fascinates me to know that there are people with a common interest in so many countries. It's reassuring to know that we can all agree on something and help each other.

*55 countries for the iOS clients.

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2017, 07:13:28 PM »
Welcome to WeatherCat George enjoy and have fun

cheers
 [cheers1]

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2017, 08:28:21 PM »
Welcome AboaRd, lenticular!

Do you mind if I just use 'len'? I'm a very slow typist! cmu:-) When I was in high school (grades 9 - 12), the only people who took 'typing' were girls planning on becoming secretaries!! [computer] Only computers were in places like science fiction stories! [lol]

Your interest in aviation piqued my attention, also. Weather is often critical to completing a flight safely! I'm assuming you already have an instrument rating? I let my "Uncle Sam" attempt to teach me how to fly! Only USAF flying I did in Europe was a few months temporary duty in Mildenhall, which I think is now used only for the RAF.

Thanks for introducing your self! It helps to know there are real people behind these weather/computer adventures! ThU5:-)
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Welcome to the WeatherCat forum George! (Re: Belated greetings)
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2017, 11:24:34 PM »
Welcome to the WeatherCat forum George!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

lenticular

• Gentle Breeze
    • IBROUG5
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2017, 04:19:42 PM »
Thank you all for your very warm welcome
It's nice to feel part of a world wide group  :)

Everyone is so friendly and helpful. makes me flattered to be part of the crowed   

Xair, I don't mind at all, you could also call me:- ent, tic or lar  [lol2]
My flying was all private charter stuff around Europe. Great fun chasing an ILS on rainy [thunder] nights down to my minimum of 250  [woohoo] Don't have all the nice ATPL toys  ;). Mostly on my own too  ::) ... well other than the Pax  :)

idunn

• Strong Breeze
  • name: idunn
    • icantono2
    • Magpie Hill
  • Station Details: WS1080, iMac 10.9.5, Canon Powershot A510 zoomed with gphoto2, located at 950m in Gross Switzerland, Webcam view SE to Alps on magpie-hill.com on WeatherCloud (MagpieHill) and Wunderground (ID icantono2)
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2017, 03:23:20 PM »
Hello lenticular,
Welcome to WeatherCat. I recently installed a WS1080, which seems to be similar to yours but without UV measurement. I also am not happy with the location of my anemometer but too lazy to move it.  All units are at the top of a 5m high windsurfer mast but surrounded with large trees. I am very satisfied with the overall performance, going now for about 6 months.
Just now I modified my WC Simple Web
magpie-hill.com
adding a background photo that I had used a few years ago. Shown in it are a number of lenticular clouds formed by a south foehn wind over the Alps, viewed from my backyard near Zurich. You might enjoy it. See attached.
Regards, Irving

lenticular

• Gentle Breeze
    • IBROUG5
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2017, 07:59:34 PM »
Thanks idunn
I love the photo!! ThU32:-)

Chet

• Gentle Breeze
    • EW1987
    • IBADENWU20
  • Station Details: Davis Vue, iMac OS X, Catalina
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2017, 11:57:47 PM »
Welcome from southern Germany.