Author Topic: WeatherCatRCP 1.0 (180122) for iOS Beta  (Read 2646 times)

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
  • Developer of WeatherCat for iOS, tvOS, and watchOS
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2, aspirated, solar radiation, uv, soil temp and moisture
WeatherCatRCP 1.0 (180122) for iOS Beta
« on: February 04, 2018, 01:18:18 AM »
WeatherCatRCP 1.0 (180122) for iOS Beta

This is the first release of WeatherCatRCP in public Beta.

Examine Screen Layouts
Please examine the layout of all the screens on your device
and report any mis-alignments. Include the device model and a screenshot.
Here is the complete list of screens:
- Settings
- Settings/Manage WeatherCat Servers
- Channels
- Reports
- Dial-A-Stat
- Basic Graphs
- Custom Graphs
- Options
- System Data
- WebCam
- Classic
- CTW (Custom Text Windows)
- Alerts List
- Tags

Try the Pinch-to-Zoom Feature in Reports
Pinch the report screen to zoom in and out.
The zoom effect is persistent across all four reports.
To reset, double-tap the report.

Please use this thread for your feedback and comments.

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
  • Developer of WeatherCat for iOS, tvOS, and watchOS
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2, aspirated, solar radiation, uv, soil temp and moisture
Re: WeatherCatRCP 1.0 (180122) for iOS Beta - server not found
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 07:46:23 PM »
There are cases where Local network not found or Server not verified, use a different server may occur. This is caused by the operating system losing its connection to the local server. Here is what to do when you get one of those messages:

Go to Settings - Manage WeatherCat Servers and tap on the Local Network radio button. The button may already be selected, but tapping on it will cause WeatherCatRCP to attempt a reconnection. This is the quickest and easiest way to deal with the loss of the local server connection.

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: WeatherCatRCP 1.0 (180122) for iOS Beta
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 09:24:22 PM »
Running this app on iPhone 8+ and Series 2 watch. No issues so far. Webcam working great, I have all four of my CTWs from WeatherCat 3 displaying on my phone. Custom Graphs and Reports all displaying correctly. Very cool, huge improvements. Thanks, Grand.
Blick

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
What reports can do for you. (Re: WeatherCatRCP for iOS)
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 10:31:52 PM »
Dear WeatherCat early adopters of iOS software,

WeatherCatRCP can access a lot of the data from WeatherCat 3.  You can view for example Custom Text Windows directly on your iPhone.  However, it also has a report feature that might be easier to read under some conditions.  I created a custom report for WeatherCatRCP that is the equivalent my Storm Status Custom Text Window.  It looks like this:

WeatherCatRCP can export and import these reports.  When your iPhone is connected to your Mac and you are running iTunes, you can look at the status of your applications in iTunes. At the very bottom of that window is a list of files that can be exchanged for the respective apps.  If you click on WeatherCatRCP, you'll see that there 5 report files.  You can import the file I'm attaching to this posting using the update button at the bottom.

Enjoy!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

P.S. There is a Custom Text Window version of this storm report that you can find here.

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
A report for dry weather (Re: WeatherCatRCP 1.0 beta)
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 12:16:41 AM »
Dear WeatherCat iOS early adopters,

Yesterday I provided a report for stormy weather.  I also mentioned that you could view Custom Text Windows on WeatherCatRCP.  Today I'm providing a second pair providing the same information on your Mac and your iPhone.  I described my House Cooling Status CTW on this posting.  This Custom Text Window can be viewed on WeatherCatRCP and looks something like this:

However, since WeatherCatRCP reports and Custom Text Windows support the STAT$ tag, it is easy to whip up a dedicated House Cooling Status report for WeatherCatRCP.  The result looks like this:

You can use your iPhone in the same way I suggested you could use WeatherCat 3.  This report can be used during hot days to decide when you can open to cool the house off.  During cold but dry periods, you can use it to make sure the house has sufficient humidity.

These reports allow you do make WeatherCatRCP into a specific tool to get at WeatherCat data related to your interests and needs.  Perhaps you need some weather information related to gardening or are concerned about specific weather conditions that might do harm to one of your possessions.  With these reports (and/or CTWs) you can collect the weather information you are interested in without distractions.

Enjoy!

Cheers, Edouard

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
More screenshots (Re: WeatherCatRCP 1.0 beta)
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 10:28:57 PM »
Dear WeatherCat iOS fans,

As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words, so I took some screenshots of WeatherCatRCP capabilities.  Here are two more as a teaser.  You can now display both simple and custom graphs on your phone.  Here is my custom graph of solar radiation:

Another new feature is called Dial-A-Stat.  It is a pictorial interface to WeatherCat's very powerful STAT$ tag.  I used to it to highlight California?s water situation thus-far this month:

If you aren't familiar with the STAT$ tag, this is an easy to explore all of its capabilities.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]