Author Topic: FTP Server Address Error  (Read 3218 times)

toyboy

• Calm
    • EW9532
    • KTXMISSI13
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Vue
FTP Server Address Error
« on: October 18, 2016, 01:22:25 AM »
Okay, I've got my camera ID from WU and I'm trying to upload images by FTP to WU. Is there a way to get this done on WeatherCat? Using the AmbientCam software it tells me I have a FTP Server Address Error. I sent my info to Ambient and they were able to connect, but I can't. They said maybe a firewall issue but my firewall on my iMac is turned off.

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: FTP Server Address Error
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 05:31:31 AM »
Toyboy:

First of all, welcome to the WeatherCat forum. Secondly, yes, you can upload your weather data, including your webcam image to WU directly from WeatherCat. I'm away from home at the minute or I would give you chapter and verse, but open up the WeatherCat manual and search for Weather Underground.

Blick

Felix

• Gale
  • Station Details: Davis VP-2 Plus, FARS, WeatherLink IP. Sharx cams.
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 11:09:05 AM »
As Blick said, pull down the WeatherCat Help menu and access the latest WeatherCat manual (21 Aug, V 2.4.0). Looks like pages 94, 139, 172 - 177 will get you started although there's more advanced stuff to learn with a search on the string "webcam."

Just point WeatherCat to the location on your drive where you're storing the current image and you'll be off and running. Or if WeatherCat recognizes your camera and you're not concerned about using those images on your own website, WeatherCat can automate the process of uploading to WU totally.

toyboy

• Calm
    • EW9532
    • KTXMISSI13
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 12:38:06 PM »
I must be making this way to complicated. On the webcam tab the only thing it picks up in my FaceTime camera. I have my AmbientCam set up wirelessly and apparently it's not going to pick it up.

Felix

• Gale
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 03:45:45 PM »
I'm not familiar with the AmbientCam software but surely it must let you save the camera's image on a schedule of your choosing to a location on your hard drive (and overwrite the image with each succeeding snapshot). Then just point WeatherCat to that folder and it'll take care of the uploads to Weather Underground.

Felix

• Gale
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 03:51:07 PM »
I'm actually surprised that WeatherCat doesn't recognize the IP camera. What happens when you enter the camera's IP number into Safarri's search window and hit Return? Is that covered in your user guide?

toyboy

• Calm
    • EW9532
    • KTXMISSI13
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2016, 09:17:32 PM »
Now I haven't seen any photos on wu yet but I finally got success on the Ambient software. I had typed in fttp instead of ftp and it's now supposedly working on their software.

Felix

• Gale
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2016, 12:54:49 AM »
Now I haven't seen any photos on wu yet but I finally got success on the Ambient software. I had typed in fttp instead of ftp and it's now supposedly working on their software.

The entire site has been up and down for the past few hours. I'm showing an image from 2:05 pm EDT, yet my log shows every five minute update has been accepted.

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2016, 05:09:38 AM »
The entire site has been up and down for the past few hours. I'm showing an image from 2:05 pm EDT, yet my log shows every five minute update has been accepted.

This is very common behavior for WU these days. Just wait and I will eventually start working again.
Blick

Felix

• Gale
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2016, 06:57:48 PM »
Now I haven't seen any photos on wu yet ...

Still none. From your WU weather page, click on My Profile --> My Webcams. Does it show your webcam as active?

If that looks good and you still don't see anything after at least 24 hours of confirmed uploads (and followed the WU Wiki with respect to max image size, binary format, etc), contact 'em at the support address in the Wiki. I've actually had pretty good luck getting someone to respond.

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Wunderground looks okay at the moment (Re: FTP Server Address Error)
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2016, 10:56:06 PM »
Dear Felix, Blick, and WeatherCat data submission junkies,

I just checked and my webcam looks fine.  So whatever "issuez" they were having seem to be resolved.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2016, 09:37:56 PM »
Hi Cat Family
 I emailed them about there 7 day forecast page not loading all the way they emailed me back and said they are having server problems but are working on it and now it seems to be fixed

cheers
 [cheers1]