Weather > General Weather Discussion

WiFiLogger

(1/4) > >>

crawdad62:
Is anyone using the WiFiLoggerhttps://www.scaledinstruments.com/shop/davis-instruments/wifilogger/ and if so does WeatherCat play well with it?

Blicj11:
I have not seen that product before, so thanks for posting. I have been to the manufacturer's site several times and looked at their stuff, which appears to be well designed and built. I have a Davis WeatherLinkIP? Data Logger and just plug it into the port of an Apple Airport Express, which allows me to put the console wherever I desire.

elagache:
Dear crawdad62, Blick, and WeatherCat Davis fans,

--- Quote from: crawdad62 on September 24, 2018, 06:23:58 PM ---Is anyone using the WiFiLoggerhttps://www.scaledinstruments.com/shop/davis-instruments/wifilogger/ and if so does WeatherCat play well with it?

--- End quote ---

I had seen this item on the Scaled Instruments website, but was so busy I didn't investigate, so thanks for your question.  Scaled Instruments has this link with more information on the product:

https://www.weatherstations.co.uk/wifi-logger.htm

I'm quoting from the key paragraph below:

--- Quote ---WiFi connection to a local computer running weather station software The WFL behaves essentially like a local WeatherlinkIP logger and offers exactly the same data formats as the standard Davis logger, including real-time (LOOP and LOOP2) and archive/summary data. As a result, it should interface to any software that can connect locally to a WeatherlinkIP logger via TCP/IP ? this includes CumulusMX, Weather Display, Weatherlink, Weathercat (for Mac users) and several others. (Note: Software is not supplied with the WiFi logger but should be downloaded from the main site for each program);
--- End quote ---

So according to the manufacturer, this device is supposed to work with WeatherCat.  However, as far as I know, nobody has reported successfully doing this on this forum anyway.  It's worth a try, but definitely make sure you understand your return options - just in case!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

crawdad62:
Thanks for the replies. Hmmm well I?m going to read and re-read the thread at wxforums. Scaled Instruments is a good place and the owner replies quickly. I may shoot him an email.

elagache:
Dear crawdad62 and WeatherCat technology leading edgers,

--- Quote from: crawdad62 on September 25, 2018, 01:18:11 AM ---Thanks for the replies. Hmmm well I?m going to read and re-read the thread at wxforums. Scaled Instruments is a good place and the owner replies quickly. I may shoot him an email.
--- End quote ---

That's all good ideas.  However, probably your best bet is to send an email to the manufacturer directly.  If they have tested their data logger with WeatherCat and it does work, then you are in business.  If they simply assume it should work because it has the same hardware interface as the Davis IP logger, that isn't quite as much of a reassurance.  Certainly you could shoot an email to Ryan Wilhour at Scaled Instruments and explain the situation.  He should be willing to take back the product if the manufacturer claims it does work with WeatherCat but turns out to be mistaken.

Cheers, Edouard

P.S. If you go ahead and purchase this logger - by all means - do let us know what you discover!  If it works fine with WeatherCat, I'll gladly add that information to the WeatherCat Wiki.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version