Author Topic: New member says hello from Northern Germany  (Read 5013 times)

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
Re: New member says hello from Northern Germany
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2015, 05:27:42 PM »
Enid, OK; the land where all the trees lean/point north!
I'm back from my trip to Oklahoma. The day we started the drive back home, I realized I needed to provide some support for my 'weather fact'! I had several choices, but here's a shot showing what I was talking about [removed link to the now castly photobucket.com site]
Obviously, I was facing East. The cause of this growth pattern is the fact that the wind in Oklahoma comes from only two directions: South and/or North. During the growing season, it's from the south 99.5% of the time. OK, that may be an exaggeration, it could be as low as 99.3% of the time!

Further proof of the existence of humongous amounts of wind energy in OK:
I did take a look at your web site. WOW! Again! I started with the garden 'transportation system' but looked at much of the rest of the site. Unfortunately, I don't read/speak/understand more than a few words of German, so I didn't look at all those pages! ;) I'm sure that's my loss!

Since I came across a very unusual Google Street View contraption, I thought you might be interested in a vehicle I saw at the Oklahoma Railroad Museum.[removed link to the now castly photobucket.com site]
Sorry, I don't have any authorized plans...
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 05:26:44 PM by xairbusdriver »
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system