Author Topic: WeatherCat version 3  (Read 6113 times)

N4KHQ

• Gentle Breeze
    • KGADAHLO8
  • Station Details: iMac, Davis Vonage Pro
WeatherCat version 3
« on: February 08, 2018, 06:08:34 PM »
Any projections on when WeatherCat Version 3 will be released?

Thanks

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
Re: WeatherCat version 3
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 07:54:03 PM »
You mean the ?eta one now in user testing? Join the testers and probably be the first to know. :)
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

JohnDoe1983

• Gentle Breeze
    • iquebecq10
  • Station Details: Vantage Vue, WMW200A, WMR86A
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 08:22:07 PM »
How can we be a beta tester?

That should be fun to test here in Quebec Canada where the temperature are extreme.

Cheers
 [snow]

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 09:15:09 PM »
How can we be a ?eta tester?

Maybe PM Stu the WeatherCat Developer? He may not need any more testers at the moment, however.

Do understand that ererz can appear and you will be responsible for reporting that as well as testing anything he might ask. ?eta testing is not simply installing and letting an app run. It requires commitment to testing as many functions the app may have to help the developer find and fix problems. You should also be ready and capable of reporting information from logs in Console.

You should also be prepared for any crashes that the app may cause and make multiple backups of your all data, not just the WC data. That might even include re-installing your Operating System. It would probably be best to have WC running on a dedicated machine and operating 24/7.

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 11:16:16 PM »
You can get the latest beta in the Development forum - http://athena.trixology.com/index.php?board=3.0

As to release date, see http://athena.trixology.com/index.php?topic=2656.0 - expected 1st quarter.

Cheers.

JohnDoe1983

• Gentle Breeze
    • iquebecq10
  • Station Details: Vantage Vue, WMW200A, WMR86A
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 02:55:32 PM »
Thanks for the info.

aware

• Calm
    • KTXKINGW23
  • Station Details: David Vantage Pro2
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2018, 11:24:07 PM »
I seem to be having difficulty connecting to Weather Underground while on Beta 3.  I didn't know if this was a known issue with the Beta (if so, I have no complaint, I chose to install the Beta) or if this was just the current sh**show that is Weather Underground.

Austin

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Welcome and what sort of problems? (Re: WeatherCat version 3)
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2018, 11:45:24 PM »
Dear Austin and WeatherCat welcome wagon,

First things first, welcome Austin to the WeatherCat forum!

I seem to be having difficulty connecting to Weather Underground while on Beta 3.  I didn't know if this was a known issue with the Beta (if so, I have no complaint, I chose to install the Beta) or if this was just the current sh**show that is Weather Underground.

Can you tell us a bit more about when this problem started?  Were you able to connect to Weather Underground using WeatherCat 2.x and the problem started when you upgraded?  Could you check the WeatherCat log for any error messages?  That might explain the source of the problem.  Also, Weather Underground is continuing to have sporadic outages.  Is the problem continuing to occur or does it come and go?

Let us know what you uncover.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

aware

• Calm
    • KTXKINGW23
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2018, 01:46:47 AM »
Edouard,

Thanks for the welcome. 

Long story short--I bought my Davis Weather Station and WeatherCat 2 when there was a little disturbance in the Gulf of Mexico called Harvey.  5 days later, we were wiped out with flood water.

After moving back in the house a week or so ago I decided it was time for a fresh start so I decided to install the WeatherCat 3 Beta.  Both WeatherCloud and PWS are reporting fine, so I suspect this is a Weather Underground issue, but since I am running the Beta I wanted to make sure this was not a known issue.

Thanks,
Austin

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2018, 03:14:13 AM »
The only known issues so far are on Wunderground's end of things. I am one of the testers who has been on a development version of WeatherCat 3 for about 18 months now. The only issues I ever had with WU were WU's fault.
Blick

aware

• Calm
    • KTXKINGW23
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2018, 03:39:04 AM »
The only known issues so far are on Wunderground's end of things. I am one of the testers who has been on a development version of WeatherCat 3 for about 18 months now. The only issues I ever had with WU were WU's fault.

Not surprised.  Thanks for the info.

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Still some WU shakedown issues (Re: WeatherCat version 3)
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2018, 09:57:15 PM »
Dear Austin, Blick, and WeatherCat troubleshooters,

I'm still observing some FTP upload errors today which are related to uploading webcam images to Weather Underground.  So they are still having some "shakedown issues" with the move to their new cloud platform.

So we'll just have to continue to "grin and bear it."

Cheers, Edouard

Felix

• Gale
  • Station Details: Davis VP-2 Plus, FARS, WeatherLink IP. Sharx cams.
Re: Still some WU shakedown issues (Re: WeatherCat version 3)
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2018, 01:41:55 PM »

I'm still observing some FTP upload errors today which are related to uploading webcam images to Weather Underground. 

Edouard, are you using Active or Passive FTP mode?

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
Using WeatherCat for webcam (Re: Still some WU shakedown issues)
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2018, 10:46:27 PM »
Dear Felix and WeatherCat power users,

Edouard, are you using Active or Passive FTP mode?

I'm using WeatherCat itself to upload the webcam images and I don't see any way to set the way WeatherCat uploads to Weather Underground.  Does anybody know which mode WeatherCat uses for FTP?

Cheers, Edouard

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2018, 03:11:33 PM »
OK, first stupid question from a new WC3 user (doubt if it's the last). How do I turn off/not display the "Weather Station Gauges" window? I see in The Manual that I can change the style/colors/etc. And the "candy" window buttons have no effect. [banghead]

Main reason I don't want that window, at least for now, is that I have only a 14" (actual diagonal measurement) monitor to use while getting the whole computer and 100% of the new OS/apps set up. [rolleyes2] One thing I learned the hard way is to never wait until a machine dies to replace it...