Author Topic: Have Weathercat ignore faulty reading  (Read 3629 times)

bcurry

• Strong Breeze
    • CWOP EW 1820
    • INOVASCO73
    • Coastal Port Maitland, Nova Scotia, Canada
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2 on Mac Studio running Ventura (Mac OS 13) and WeatherCat 3
Have Weathercat ignore faulty reading
« on: December 18, 2015, 02:26:37 AM »
A question-
I got the template I use with Weathercat running, and part of the website produced reads off the statistics from my station. In May and June 0f 2014, I had a faulty humidity and temperature chip on my Davis, which I subsequently replaced. It works fine now (and did until May/June 2014), but I was wondering if there is a way to "erase" the faulty months from the resulting WeatherCat page - I would just like to ditch or manually replace the reading for the month of May and June 2014.
Thanks for any help.
Bill

maxen

• Gentle Breeze
Re: Have Weathercat ignore faulty reading
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 11:21:54 AM »
Hello Bill
I would suggest trying to go tools -> data viewer/editor and alter the incrorrect values there.

bcurry

• Strong Breeze
    • CWOP EW 1820
    • INOVASCO73
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2 on Mac Studio running Ventura (Mac OS 13) and WeatherCat 3
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 01:21:02 PM »
Thanks-
I now see that, but I'm not sure I like it.
That would mean I'd have to go through every day and all the individual readings (every so many minutes) and hunt out the faults.
Is there a way to erase or substitute en mass?
Otherwise I may just note the faulty data and let it go at that...
Thanks,
Bill

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 04:43:22 PM »
Hi Bill,

Quit WeatherCat
Go to your user library (not the system library)
`Library/WeatherCatData/Location1/YEAR/

If you want to remove entire months, simply delete the .cat and .hrs files for those months.
If you want mass delete lines of data, open in the free Text Wrangler and shift-click to delete the lines in the .cat file Be sure to delete the equivalent .hrs file before starting WeatherCat back up

That should get rid of the unwanted data for you.
Steve
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

bcurry

• Strong Breeze
    • CWOP EW 1820
    • INOVASCO73
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 01:40:24 AM »
Thanks Steve -
Did that and it worked kind of...
The system now does not go back further than August of 2014 - which is OK, I guess, because that's the accurate information SINCE the issue. The system, however, doesn't want to go back and see earlier in 2014 and 2013 (i.e further back than the zeroed May and June). The data for like April 2013 is there, but Weathercat isn't accessing it?
Bill

bcurry

• Strong Breeze
    • CWOP EW 1820
    • INOVASCO73
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2015, 01:42:23 AM »
Actually - it isn't bad this way, as I had hand coded the records in...
What do you think?
http://www.billcurry.ca/weather/statistics.html

Thanks,
Bill

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2015, 02:34:35 AM »
There ya go! If you can't coerce it do what you want, fool it into doing what you want! :) Nice workaround.
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2015, 09:58:26 AM »
Thanks Steve -
Did that and it worked kind of...
The system now does not go back further than August of 2014 - which is OK, I guess, because that's the accurate information SINCE the issue. The system, however, doesn't want to go back and see earlier in 2014 and 2013 (i.e further back than the zeroed May and June). The data for like April 2013 is there, but Weathercat isn't accessing it?
Bill

It'll think the missing file is the start of the data (it scans back in time examining each monthly file when it launches). You can try just having the header in the file  but no data.

bcurry

• Strong Breeze
    • CWOP EW 1820
    • INOVASCO73
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2015, 12:37:42 PM »
Thanks WCDev-
I may try that at some point, but actually, even if that worked I'd have two to three months of blanks anyway (two for sure and one or two daily entries in July 2014 that would have to be edited).
I actually think it looks OK now, and the only hassle will be to hand enter any new record values - which isn't too onerous.
Thanks all for your help - the station is at:
www.billcurry.ca/weather
and the page in question is the Statistics page...

Bill