Author Topic: WeatherCat SeaMonkey web templates now available.  (Read 73228 times)

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
Re: WeatherCat SeaMonkey web templates now available.
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2013, 09:59:02 PM »
Hi Edouard
 Sorry to hear about all the leaks and the only one the might stop leaking is the rear motor seal after driving for a while after it gets seated but the rest sounds like gasket problems to me good luck
cheers
 [cheers1]

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Thanks Randall (Re: WeatherCat SeaMonkey web templates)
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2013, 11:04:12 PM »
Hi Randall and WeatherCat automotive enthusiasts,

Hi Edouard
 Sorry to hear about all the leaks and the only one the might stop leaking is the rear motor seal after driving for a while after it gets seated but the rest sounds like gasket problems to me good luck
cheers
 [cheers1]

Thanks Randall for the sympathy.

I'm trying to follow the engine builder's instructions for diagnosing the situation as much to the letter as possible.  Definitely feeling a little pessimistic at this point.

Oh well,

Edouard

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
WeatherCat SeaMonkey web templates (0.5.2) now available.
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2013, 08:11:58 PM »
Dear WeatherCat Webmisters,

I've gone ahead and packaged up the revised version of the WeatherCat SeaMonkey web templates.  You can download it here:

http://www.canebas.org/WeatherCat/Web%20templates/WeatherCat%20SeaMonkey%20web%20template%20(0.5.2).zip

The main change is the upgrade to the Statistics page, there is some documentation corrections as well.

Enjoy!  [bounce]

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2013, 08:13:57 PM »
Thanks Edouard! I will take a look.
Blick

Commodore

• Gentle Breeze
    • Commodore Mark
  • Station Details: 27" iMac and a Mac mini but no weather station yet.
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2013, 04:51:37 AM »
Thank you!
Alas, I don't have a weather station...but I'm going to have one real soon now.  :-(

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
You're welcome folks! (Re: WeatherCat SeaMonkey web templates)
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2013, 11:02:37 PM »
Dear Blick, Mark, and WeatherCat fans,

Glad you guys have found it useful.  There is something for just about everyone if you look hard enough!

ddrankin

• Gentle Breeze
    • KAZPHOEN213
  • Station Details: Davis Vue on a mac mini
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2013, 07:03:14 PM »
Thanks for the work on this template Edouard!

I found it very useful.  Also, thanks for pointing me towards SeaMonkey as a web editor.  I'm fairly good with hardware, but not so much on HTML.  The SeaMonkey web editor really helped make the changes to the template to personalize it.

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
You are welcome! (Re: WeatherCat SeaMonkey web templates)
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2013, 11:03:36 PM »
Dear ddrankin and WeatherCat fans,

Thanks for the work on this template Edouard!

You are most welcome!   Life is complex enough as it is, there is a need of easy to manipulate template that still could be personalized enough to bring out "the real you!"

Brandon weather

• Gentle Breeze
  • Just a regular guy with an interest in the weather
    • DW7935
    • IEngland263
    • Brandon Weather
  • Station Details: Vantage vue, Foscam 1825w webcam, Mac mini, Weathercat running on El Capitan
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2015, 09:07:08 PM »
Hi Edouard,
Thanks for the template, really enjoyed the challenge of html!. I have got it up and running and you can see it at weather.brandonsuffolk.com . Whilst it's cold and miserable during the winter I'm going to experiment and explore what I can do to personalise the site. Would recommend any newbies to give it a try

Once again many thanks !

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
Glad it worked out for you! (Re: WeatherCat SeaMonkey web templates)
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2015, 10:36:34 PM »
Dear Brandon and WeatherCat web spinners,

Thanks for the template, really enjoyed the challenge of html!. I have got it up and running and you can see it at weather.brandonsuffolk.com . Whilst it's cold and miserable during the winter I'm going to experiment and explore what I can do to personalise the site. Would recommend any newbies to give it a try

You are most welcome!  [tup]  Glad that you found it useful.  Indeed, my intentions was to make a simple website that could easily gotten up and running and could be modified without much fussing with HTML, but could be a stepping stone to more complex websites.

Who knows, maybe someday I'll get around to making a more complex website for myself!

Cheers, Edouard

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2015, 11:28:02 PM »
I have got it up and running and you can see it at weather.brandonsuffolk.com .

Brandon, I just had a look at your weather website. Looks good. I like the clean, simple look of Edouard's SeaMonkey template. I'm waiting for him to build a tab that supports SteelSeries Gauges and another that includes the digital image of the Davis console. Then I'm going to use it myself. Now that his Buick is running, he can spend the winter doing stuff for the rest of us.  :)

In the meantime, your site is nice.
Blick

Brandon weather

• Gentle Breeze
  • Just a regular guy with an interest in the weather
    • DW7935
    • IEngland263
    • Brandon Weather
  • Station Details: Vantage vue, Foscam 1825w webcam, Mac mini, Weathercat running on El Capitan
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2015, 09:35:55 AM »
Thank you, and thanks for looking !

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
Another reason for the drought to end. (Re: SeaMonkey web templates)
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2015, 09:31:42 PM »
Dear Brandon, Blick, and WeatherCat web spinners,

I like the clean, simple look of Edouard's SeaMonkey template. I'm waiting for him to build a tab that supports SteelSeries Gauges and another that includes the digital image of the Davis console.

Well, if that's what you are waiting for . . . you are going to be in for a long wait!  I am interested in adding real-time updates to this template, but I want do have most of the information remain in a digital format as the website has it now.  I really am a "digital kind of guy" and turned off Stu's custom gauges because of the memory leak in Yosemite and really don't miss them.  So in my current thinking, the temperature, barometric pressure, and rainfall would remain as is, but those numbers would be updated via PHP instead of being static.  Underneath that table, I really would like to have gauges for wind direction and wind run, but I don't think you can get wind run in real-time updating version for the web - isn't that true?  So I think I would go with some sort of wind direction gauge and once more a simple number for the wind-speed being displayed in real-time via PHP.

Also, I really don't care for the Davis console renditions on a webpage, so you are on your own on that one as well!

However, if you really want it, it isn't at all hard to add tabs.  My enhanced version of the SeaMonkey template that I run for my weather website has 6 tabs.  If you want, I can send you a page as a sample and you can simply go through it and rename the tabs to do what you want.  Since you already know how to get the steel gauges to run on your existing website, all you would need is to splice that code into the pages as you desire.

Then I'm going to use it myself. Now that his Buick is running, he can spend the winter doing stuff for the rest of us.  :)

Well, not quite.  If we had a long spell of rain, then I would have little else to do but work on the computer and that sure would help everything from the AppleScripts to this template.  Alas, so far, El Ni?o sure seems to be a no-show and I'm starting to get worried . . . .   As long as the weather is dry, there is always yard work to do . . . . 

Oh well, . . . Edouard

bcurry

• Strong Breeze
    • CWOP EW 1820
    • INOVASCO73
    • Coastal Port Maitland, Nova Scotia, Canada
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2 on Mac Studio running Ventura (Mac OS 13) and WeatherCat 3
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2015, 03:07:50 AM »
Thanks for the template - I played with it a bit in Dreamweaver and made it work well for my station. I like the simplicity of the pages and the ease of customization once I figured out what WC was doing (although I'm still not quite sure HOW it's doing it...LOL)

My website with this template is on:

http://www.billcurry.ca/weather/

Great program and fun to play with the html and scripts.

Bill

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2015, 08:07:15 AM »
Bill:

I just took a look at your weather site, as well as your photography site (which is very impressive). Welcome to the WeatherCat forum and thanks for sharing the links to your sites.
Blick