Weather > Weather Hardware/Measurement

Weather station installation examples

<< < (2/8) > >>

wurzelmac:
Ok, here is my setup:

Cheers,
Reinhard

elagache:
Thanks Reinhard for documenting your weather station instruments so nicely!  [tup]

Quick question though, how did you secure your anemometer tripod into your roof?  That looks like a lovely old-fashioned roof.  Did you have to do anything special to get the tripod legs tied down and avoid any leaks?

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

wurzelmac:
Hi Edouard,

for that I have tiles on my roof, I needed three plumb-tiles like this to mount the tripod:

Here you are a closer view to the bottom of the mounted tripod:

Cheers,
Reinhard

elagache:
Hi Reinhard and WeatherCat hardware tinkerers,

--- Quote from: wurzelmac on October 24, 2013, 10:25:54 PM ---for that I have tiles on my roof, I needed three plumb-tiles like this to mount the tripod:

--- End quote ---

Thanks for filling in that detail!  I assumed your roof required something special to allow you to attach the tripod and the plumb-tiles was exactly the missing ingredient.  I don't know if any other WeatherCat user will ever have as unique an anemometer installation, but it should give our users some new ideas about what is possible.

Thanks again!  [tup]

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Randall75:
Hi WeatherCat Users

On my installation I used an installation from the VP ISS manual
I bought a nice straight 4x4 10' long and buried it 3 feet in the ground making sure it was level on all sides
Then I mounted the ISS on the south side of the pole so it would be in contact with the sun for the solar power then I bought a 1 1/4 galvanized pipe and put on the north side and made it so you can unbolt 2 bolts and lay it over and it is still connected to the 4x4
With the pipe mounted back straight up with the anemometer attached and with plastic ties every 2 feet on the pipe to keep the wire from the anemometer from flapping in the wind this puts the anemometer 20 feet in the air it is in sight of my web cam so I can also view it from the computer it is about 60 feet outside the window of my office where my VP2 Console is mounter on the wall
A very easy installation but should work well and with a small step ladder can clean the rain collect very easy

cheers
 [cheers1]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version