Author Topic: Steel Gauges  (Read 222256 times)

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
Re: Steel Gauges
« Reply #345 on: December 15, 2015, 09:13:19 AM »
Chippa05:

Shot in the blue: Did you change anything within the gauges.js file around the line 264 (see attached screenshot). Maybe the script is only finding respective pointing to the *ancient* graphs, not the actual ones. Maybe they have a different name now since redoing your steelgauges?
Another look worth within the script is line 35 *imgPathURL* - it should point to the directory to where you upload your graphs. Just take a look at your webserver to clarify where the graphs are located.

Cheers,
Reinhard
Reinhard

Chippa05

• Calm
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Vue, Mac Mini 10.9
« Reply #346 on: December 15, 2015, 11:43:05 AM »
Thanks wurzelmac - checked both and they seem fine. I'm on holiday from next week so I will rebuild from scratch and see if I come up with the same problem.  It has me stumped! Thankfully the gauges are still working and the text on the pop up graphs is correct - just the graphs themselves.

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #347 on: December 15, 2015, 07:30:52 PM »
If you see the correct *processed* files in your save path folder, they should appear on your webspace as well. Why should WC upload some files, some files not?  :-[ Can't explain. Double check your webspace is the only help that I am able to give, sorry.

Cheers,
Reinhard
Reinhard

nineback

• Gentle Breeze
    • KQ5S-13
    • KALALBER13
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro with Solar
« Reply #348 on: January 08, 2016, 11:27:24 PM »
I would like to be able to show my Aux Temperature (Davis Weather) on the temperature gauge in lieu of the indoor temperature.  I can't find a tag in WeatherCat for Aux Temperature 1. Am I missing something or is it not possible to display an Aux Temperature value?  I have just switched from WeatherDisplay so am still leaning.

Tom

www.weather.kq5s.com

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Use the STAT tag (Re: Steel Gauges)
« Reply #349 on: January 08, 2016, 11:39:19 PM »
Dear Tom and WeatherCat web spinners,

I can't find a tag in WeatherCat for Aux Temperature 1.

There isn't a specific tag for additional temperature sensors.  Instead you can use the STAT tag that performs queries.  You can read up about this tag starting on page 207 of the WeatherCat manual.  To get the data you want I think you need a STAT query that looks like this:

Code: [Select]
STAT$T1:CURRENT:TODAY$
However, I don't use this tag much, so could somebody please double-check for me?

That simply displays the current value.  You'll need some help from the folks familiar with the Steel Gauges on how to use that value with the gauges.

Cheers, Edouard

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
« Reply #350 on: January 09, 2016, 04:26:26 PM »
Hi Tom,

welcome to the forum!

It is not possible to add an additional temp sensor to the steelgauges for now, the developer of the gauges knows about this request - look at http://athena.trixology.com/index.php?topic=576.msg16370#msg16370

Maybe he will add this feature to a future release of his steelgauges.

Cheers,
Reinhard
Reinhard

mcrossley

• Gale
  • Sorry, I'm not a WeatherCat user!
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 + home brew
« Reply #351 on: January 09, 2016, 04:45:50 PM »
Hi Reinhard, but he just wants to substitute and extra sensor reading for the indoor reading. This is pretty straight forward, if he can find the right tag to put into the data file template. Then it is just a matter of changing the language file to reflect the change from 'indoor' to 'whereeveritis'.
Mark

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
« Reply #352 on: January 09, 2016, 06:44:11 PM »
Hi Mark,

thanks for pointing this out - shame on me, I haven't read Tom's posting carefully enough!

So Tom,
let me test it out and replace the indoor with the aux temp tags. Will report back shortly.

Cheers,
Reinhard
Reinhard

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
« Reply #353 on: January 09, 2016, 07:28:10 PM »
Hello again,

here is how to replace *indoor temp* with an additional temp sensor:

Go to *realtimegaugesWC.txt*, look for *intemp* and replace the value with the corresponding tag, e.g *STAT$T1:CURRENT*
Go to *language.min.js*, search for *indoor* etc. and give it the name you want, in my case *Kamera*
Go to *gauges.js*, search for the popup graph you used for *indoor* and replace it with tha one you like.

It is only possible to show the actual temp, no min or max (if I see this correct, Mark?).

Reinhard

nineback

• Gentle Breeze
    • KQ5S-13
    • KALALBER13
« Reply #354 on: January 09, 2016, 11:23:28 PM »
Thanks a lot Reinhard.  I got everything working except for the pop up graph.  I have a custom graph set up on my Mac that shows my garage temperature trend but I can not find the .jpg file to upload?  Where do I find the correct jpg file?

I lived in Wiesbaden for 3 years back in 2000.

Tom

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #355 on: January 09, 2016, 11:44:52 PM »
Hi Tom,

Go to your Custom Graph setting and open the options. In the lower right, you will see the web tag for that specific graph. It should be in your upload flower. Note that you can also set the display size in the same area.

I hope that helps,
Steve
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

nineback

• Gentle Breeze
    • KQ5S-13
    • KALALBER13
« Reply #356 on: January 10, 2016, 12:29:29 AM »
Thanks Steve.  I got it.  I forgot to edit the WCTags.php file to include the custom tag.

Tom
www.weather.kq5s.com

mcrossley

• Gale
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
« Reply #357 on: January 10, 2016, 01:36:47 PM »
It is only possible to show the actual temp, no min or max (if I see this correct, Mark?).
Yes, unless you are prepared to hack a bit of code and add the additional data into the data file.
An alternative would be to sacrifice your dewpoint or apparent temeraturep display, both of which do show todays min/max.
Mark

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
« Reply #358 on: January 14, 2016, 05:58:31 PM »
Mark,

yes, indeed. Btw, I noticed a new (2.5.11) version available on your github site. When I find the time I will install the updated files.

Cheers,
Reinhard
Reinhard

mcrossley

• Gale
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
« Reply #359 on: January 14, 2016, 06:09:49 PM »
Don't bother if you already have 2.5.10, the .11 change is only for WeeWX users.
Mark