Author Topic: AppleScript as example of extreme weather!!  (Read 1959 times)

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
AppleScript as example of extreme weather!!
« on: December 08, 2013, 10:04:46 PM »
Dear WeatherCat AppleScript fans,

I'm not sure whether to put this in the Integration topic or General Weather Discussion topic.  Here is the item in question:

The key feature to note is the start of the text: LWC.  Those of you in the United States know we have been under an arctic blast for the past week or so.  It hit California early and finally we went down to under 34˚ on Thursday and again yesterday.

Now WeatherCat has been released for almost 2 years now.  However, somehow in all that time, I never went below 34˚ around here.  Therefore I never noticed that I forgot to convert the AppleScript that generated a Growl notification for the WeatherCat Ice Alert.  Finally it did and Oops!  :-[

Dutifully, WeatherCat had copied over the preferences from LWC and that AppleScript worked fine either way.  Still, definitely a surprise!

I have updated that AppleScript and will include it in the next release of the collection.  If anybody has a burning desire to have it, send me a PM and I'll email it your way!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]