Author Topic: How to add Manual and Automatic Slideshows on web pages  (Read 2798 times)

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
How to add Manual and Automatic Slideshows on web pages
« on: May 30, 2012, 04:09:30 AM »
(cross-posted from MacWeather.net from back in March)

I decided to modify my web pages a little, removing the pop-up radar images that no one seemed to notice, and moved them and additional maps and radar to a new web page.

One of the things I'd used before for the animated satellite image was a slide show java script. I ended up using it again today with the maps. I was going to place the surface analysis and forecast maps separately, but decided to animate them, as well. I couldn't decide how long to delay each image, as each viewer may want to look at them for longer or shorter periods of time.

So I went back to the web site where I got the slideshow java script, and figured out how to manually step through the images using navigation buttons. It works great, and I'll probably use this more in the future. Check it out at Avon-Weather and then click on the "Maps and Radar" tab. (the radar is animated at the source, the maps are the manual slideshow, and the satellite images are the automatic slideshow)

Here's a link to Dynamic Drive's slideshow information http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/fadeinslideshow.htm

Enjoy,
Steve

(BTW, this is the same slideshow script I used to create the sample for Stu for the banner slideshow on the Trixology home page. :)  )
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
Re: How to add Manual and Automatic Slideshows on web pages
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 05:14:42 PM »
Thank for the post Steve - always good to have more stuff people can use on their pages.

Cheers,
Stu.

jace

• Storm
    • DW9675
    • ISuffolk62
    • Yoxford weather site.
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2, with Mac USB Data Logger. 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook, with 8 GB 1033 MHz DDR3 Memory, running Mac OSX Version 10.10.1 (Yosimite).
Re: How to add Manual and Automatic Slideshows on web pages
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 12:42:28 PM »
Cheers for that Steve, something else for me to ponder over.  [cheers1]

JC