Author Topic: Future request  (Read 5040 times)

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
Future request
« on: April 19, 2012, 06:57:33 PM »
Hu Stu
 How about a resizable station gauges window?
And a tag for the Status ?
thanks

[cheers1]

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
Re: Future request
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 05:31:29 PM »
Resizable gauges on the list Randall, thanks. Can you expand a little bit on 'a tag for status'?

Cheers,
Stu.

Randall75

• Storm
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 08:55:23 PM »
Hi Stu
 On tag for status in the tools menu you have status which show good data com errors and so on is ther a tag for it like for statstemperature that way I can upload it to my web site or is there on already and I don't know about it that way I can check the status of WeatherCat while I'm on the road trucking
 [cheers1]

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 09:37:25 PM »
Randall,

Edouard has a template for station status, which I've cobbled up and made it fit in with my own web site. Perhaps he can point the way to it for you.

http://www.avon-weather.com/station_status.html

Steve
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
It will come somehow (Re: Future request)
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 10:01:19 PM »
Hi Randall, Steve, Stu, and WeatherCat fans,

On tag for status in the tools menu you have status which show good data com errors and so on is ther a tag for it like for statstemperature that way I can upload it to my web site or is there on already and I don't know about it that way I can check the status of WeatherCat while I'm on the road trucking

Edouard has a template for station status, which I've cobbled up and made it fit in with my own web site. Perhaps he can point the way to it for you.

Randall had absolutely no luck getting the old versions of the AppleScripts needed to make this work.  I do hope that the latest improvements would make it possible for lots of folks to run these AppleScripts without nearly as much installation and configuration pain.  Sorry gang, I'm really being ambushed by "spring springing" .  Don't have much time to put into updating the documentation right now.   :(

Beyond this, I'm really at the end of the AppleScript rope.  AppleScript just cannot do what I really want to do.  So I'm committed to trying to recast at least part of the AppleScripts into WeatherCat add-ons like the active banner generator.  When that happens, they can real user-interfaces, can be properly translated into other languages and all the other goodies that Mac software is supposed to have.  However, Stu will need to revive the LWC SDK which is on the WeatherCat "to-do" list.  Perhaps even more challenging is for me to learn Objective-C and Xcode.  It's been quite a while since I've done any programming in a "real" language (versus a scripting language.)    So, super user-friendly software is in the pipeline, but . . . . I'm afraid it may take a while.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Randall75

• Storm
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 02:49:48 AM »
Hi EDOUARD AND STEVE
 I have the files in place per Edouards  instructions and the converter app I just need to know what files i need and where they go  for WC and the converter app to work

[cheers1]

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Let me try to document the new stuff (Re: Future request)
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 05:52:00 PM »
Hi Randall and WeatherCat fans,

I have the files in place per Edouards  instructions and the converter app I just need to know what files i need and where they go  for WC and the converter app to work

I'm slowly making progress on the documentation for the new installation.  Let me try to get the documentation for WC Web Uploader and then WC Status Growler which are the two scripts I think you would like to be using.  The new arrangement is so much easier to use than the old setup that I hope you wouldn't have nearly as much trouble getting it work.

Randall75

• Storm
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2012, 07:29:49 PM »
Hi Edouard
 It is actually the WC Scripts Tags Processor for using the station status html
I have the WC Status Growl & WC Web Data Uploader running now
You and Steve are uploading the station status to your web site now
here's Steve's
thanks
 [cheers1]

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
You'll need the new and improved versions (Re: Future request)
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2012, 09:09:49 PM »
Hi Randall and WeatherCat AppleScript fans,

It is actually the WC Scripts Tags Processor for using the station status html
I have the WC Status Growl & WC Web Data Uploader running now

Yes I know, but you running versions that don't use the new file arrangement.  Now everything is stored in a single folder so that users don't have to access the Library folder or edit the AppleScripts themselves.  So you'll have to upgrade the versions of WC Status Growler and WC Web Data Uploader that you are running now.  Fortunately, this should be very easy to do.  Steve was able to do it "blind" (no documentation.)  So with a little documentation shouldn't be hard at all.

I hope to get some work done on the documentation this afternoon.  Too hot to work outside right now.  [sweat2]