Author Topic: Continuation of Foehn wind description  (Read 1271 times)

idunn

• Strong Breeze
  • name: idunn
    • icantono2
    • Magpie Hill
  • Station Details: WS1080, iMac 10.9.5, Canon Powershot A510 zoomed with gphoto2, located at 950m in Gross Switzerland, Webcam view SE to Alps on magpie-hill.com on WeatherCloud (MagpieHill) and Wunderground (ID icantono2)
Continuation of Foehn wind description
« on: November 22, 2016, 09:34:32 PM »
Hi All

I am continuing with my Foehn wind description and 4 more attachments.

The rain is shown in the radar map from Meteoschweiz to be very heavy now south of the Alps. I am located at the little lake to the right of the name Luzern.

The north arm of the Lake of Lucerne is particularly windy during Foehn, as the webcam this morning from the town of Brunnen shows. It is located a 30 min drive to the west and about 500m lower. The temperature of 17C is about the same now as here.

The wind map from Meteoschweiz shows the highest southerly winds, over 150 km/h, located over the mountains.

My webcam from 7:45 shows the sky lit by the rising sun, and the Foehn window above the mountains is obvious.

Regards, Irving

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: Continuation of Foehn wind description
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 11:10:27 PM »
Irving, rather than starting a new thread each time you post, you can simply click on Reply in the previous thread and post again. This is preferred unless you are starting a new topic. Thanks for sharing.
Blick