Author Topic: Seismic Activity Monitoring  (Read 1300 times)

pbeaudet

• Strong Breeze
    • WD6FGE
    • KCABURNE1
    • Burney Weather
  • Station Details: Dedicated Mac Mini 2014, 2.5GHz 8 GB DRAM 12.6.5, Davis Vantage Pro2, Solar, UV, Soil & Leaf, and the wireless Remote Anemometer / SHARX SCNC3905 Camera /Bloomsky 2 with Storm / PurpleAir Air Quality Sensor
Seismic Activity Monitoring
« on: November 12, 2013, 04:51:31 PM »
For those of you wanting to monitor seismic activity, there is a new monitoring device ($49) using BOINC and the Quake Catcher Network. I have ordered a unit and will let you all now the outcome.

http://qcn.stanford.edu

Philip

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
Re: Seismic Activity Monitoring
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 05:23:13 PM »
Hi Phillip,

I've been contributing to the Quake Catchers' Network for two years now. I think Edouard checked into it back then, too. At the time, they were giving out sensors to certain quake-prone areas, but I don't think he qualified. (I certainly didn't!) I think they've stopped the free sensors, though. We had a thread about this over on the old MacWeather Forum. Thanks for bringing it over here.

The amount of participation and activity on their message board has been practically nil since I started. Just a few posts a month, and many questions go unanswered by the staff.

I hope you see some activity on your sensor, but not too much!
Steve
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook